I am also not into drifting but I belong to and watch a assetto corsa drift facebook group that does allot of online drift racing and creates allot of car mods and drift tracks for Assetto Corsa. Plus Assetto Corsa is well established and has VR. Whether any of those drivers jump over and try this game will be hard to say. Will this game allow mods in the future? Most new games dont. Time shall tell on if this game becomes popular, I watch the video reviews to see what people say about it. Plus according to another comment here, does not look like it will have VR. I do 2D games and dont mind them, but prefer to do gaming in VR now days like many others. take care.

Need For Speed.

I'd also love to see some cars other than those overused "mainstream models" in racing games... how about a KP21 Starlet? 1985 Fairlady Z? I'm also curious if car models are scratch-made.

+1
+1

(I have two personalities and both of them second your last words. Your last words I mean the manual 80's and 90's cars because I am sick of GT3 and F1. Not sure what you mean by only saying "NFS").

Yea...this looks like a hard pass for me so far; the trailer posted in the previous Drift 19/21 article seems to be all flash and little substance. It's looking almost like a Need for Speed Underground type of deal more than anything else...which isn't a bad thing, just not my thing these days...but I'd love to be surprised...will follow to see what happens.
Yeah it looks a bit like a mobile game. I play this game named Hashiraya Drift and i get the same vibe from it.

Looking forward to this ! Can't drift on Sims at the moment. Hoping this gives me a bit of hope;
Try the drift supra mod on rfactor2, one of the easiest cars to drift in sims (the red one is the best, you get 3 of them). Also r34 drift mod is quite easy, but 4wd drifting requires more speed

Theres so many drift games on Steam. One of the best is Furidashi or RDS as they both run on the same game engine. But there are so many more with unlicenced cars but you can tell what they are meant to be as only thing missing is badges. This EA version of Drift 21 seems to have gone backwards in terms of content. Less cars and only Ebisu. Wont be buying it unless i hear very good things about it. Not keeping my hopes up as their is a video on youtube of some gameplay and the car other than going sideways very well doesnt seem to have any tyre model flex or suspension movement.

I can't find if this is a proper sim or arcade game anywhere because simply the dev can't call himself arcade.

Can you guys tell me if this will be a match for LFS, pC2, AMS or AC...etc? I don't care if the content is much smaller three cars are enough for me. I am asking about its physics and handling.

Why are you talking about pC2 on the same line as LFS, AMS, AC ?!!
You play with keyboard or what ?

Yeah hopefully it gets better.

Also I feel like and idiot when sitting in the tyre wall on iracing. Just a different kind I suppose!

So what are peoples rational thoughts on this since buying it? I havent yet bought it. Want to, its very tempting with the customisation BUT im worried about buying it and it being abandoned after a couple of months. Plus it just looks like car mechanic simulator with different physics on the car and CMS18 is only £6 at the moment :roflmao:

The Early Access development of Drift 21 continues with a new update for the game, addressing a number of issues within the early build of the software.

The new update deployed on May 15th, just eight days on from the initial Early Access release of this interesting new drifting title, and it looks like the developers are keen to react to community feedback as they attempt to reach their potential in this vastly under represented in sim racing style of game.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug related to the FFB invert function for some Thrustmaster steering wheels
  • Fixed a bug where the engine sound did not turn off despite the ignition being turned off
  • Fixed a bug where footstep sounds were inaudible
  • Fixed a bug where in certain circumstances tooltip icons were missing
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to mount rims with unsupported sizes
  • Fixed incorrectly displayed in-game currencies
  • Fixed a bug with some in-game windows and sprites showing improperly on unusual resolutions and screen ratios
  • Fixed incorrectly displaying tire sprites in Warehouse
  • Fixed a critical bug that prevented players from finishing the tutorial
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to access and spawn non-purchased parts from Warehouse
Localization changes
  • Small changes to texts in Paint Booth and during Tutorial
  • Added missing translations to challenge result screen and Driving Setup subwindows,
  • Changes to texts and font display throughout the project
Other changes
  • Small changes in the way the game saves are named
  • Changes to the handbrake range based on input type and connected controller
  • Rearranged result screen window to always show information crucial to the challenge
  • Changes to decal history in Paint Booth
  • Changes to Warehouse content (removed obsolete car parts)

DRIFT21 will available on PC Steam Early Access now.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, head over to the Drift 21 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and fire off questions to the community!

Drift 21 Steam.jpg

Last edited:
I saw some videos, most of the guys were playing in 3rd person, one was driving in cockpit and the in-game wheel did not turn in sync with the real wheel. Can anybody confirm the game does not have 900 deg steering animations at the moment? Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back