DRIFT 21 | New Update Now Available

The Early Access development of Drift 21 continues with a new update for the game, addressing a number of issues within the early build of the software.

The new update deployed on May 15th, just eight days on from the initial Early Access release of this interesting new drifting title, and it looks like the developers are keen to react to community feedback as they attempt to reach their potential in this vastly under represented in sim racing style of game.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug related to the FFB invert function for some Thrustmaster steering wheels
  • Fixed a bug where the engine sound did not turn off despite the ignition being turned off
  • Fixed a bug where footstep sounds were inaudible
  • Fixed a bug where in certain circumstances tooltip icons were missing
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to mount rims with unsupported sizes
  • Fixed incorrectly displayed in-game currencies
  • Fixed a bug with some in-game windows and sprites showing improperly on unusual resolutions and screen ratios
  • Fixed incorrectly displaying tire sprites in Warehouse
  • Fixed a critical bug that prevented players from finishing the tutorial
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to access and spawn non-purchased parts from Warehouse
Localization changes
  • Small changes to texts in Paint Booth and during Tutorial
  • Added missing translations to challenge result screen and Driving Setup subwindows,
  • Changes to texts and font display throughout the project
Other changes
  • Small changes in the way the game saves are named
  • Changes to the handbrake range based on input type and connected controller
  • Rearranged result screen window to always show information crucial to the challenge
  • Changes to decal history in Paint Booth
  • Changes to Warehouse content (removed obsolete car parts)

DRIFT21 will available on PC Steam Early Access now.

Got questions about the sim? No worries, head over to the Drift 21 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and fire off questions to the community!

Drift 21 Steam.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Mar 14, 2011
I saw some videos, most of the guys were playing in 3rd person, one was driving in cockpit and the in-game wheel did not turn in sync with the real wheel. Can anybody confirm the game does not have 900 deg steering animations at the moment? Thanks!

Pectus

1RPM
Jul 28, 2019
I saw some videos, most of the guys were playing in 3rd person, one was driving in cockpit and the in-game wheel did not turn in sync with the real wheel. Can anybody confirm the game does not have 900 deg steering animations at the moment? Thanks!
yes the game does not have 900 deg steering animations just 180 ( 90 left 90 right )

Reactions: TJRSim

azaralamouri

100RPM
Jun 1, 2018
yes the game does not have 900 deg steering animations just 180 ( 90 left 90 right )

I feel bad for smaller developers (like Codies, lol) having to learn how to do every thing by themselves from scratch.

Things like wheel rotation, separate wheel and pedals input, or VR support are things that many others figured out how to do in the past. By now they should be found by a Google search. Modders do them for free. It's embarrassing not to have them in 2020.

Some say sharing is caring, while others say sharing is neither developing nor preparing.

CC

9000RPM
Premium
Apr 27, 2013
I was tempted with this game was just going to pull the trigger on it,
started watching that video above I must say the graphics look really nice,
but once we went to the track was like mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm, mm, m ... and left its a pity but its life,
if a Pro Drifter cant make any sense of it then I doubt I can either :D

Doug Taylor

500RPM
May 14, 2013
Still can't believe developers will make a game like this, but no one wants to make a proper drag racing game. I'm waiting. ;)

Reactions: sc4dr

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
I was tempted with this game was just going to pull the trigger on it,
started watching that video above I must say the graphics look really nice,
but once we went to the track was like mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm, mmm, mm, m ... and left its a pity but its life,
if a Pro Drifter cant make any sense of it then I doubt I can either :D
I feel pretty much the same gone to press buy so many times but just havent been able to bring myself to do it

Reactions: CC

marcelom17

1RPM
Jul 23, 2019
One of the weird things for me, it's when the replay starts, you're wheel will repeat the same course.

BigMike8

SimRacing 604
Premium
Feb 18, 2017
no one wants to make a proper drag racing game
It's not a complete drag racing game by any means, but I've squeezed many hours of enjoyment out of the drag mode in Assetto Corsa. Once you learn to time your launch, it gets pretty fun! Again, it's not complete (no launch control, no actual drag cars, etc.), but if you just need to scratch a drag racing itch you might find some fun to be had with AC.

Reactions: CC and Doug Taylor

Alex72

1000RPM
Jan 28, 2014
Rastas drift cars in rF2 and you're set. Of course there are no points but what the hell i drift for the fun and skill. There's AMS1 as well WITH points and really well done. Drift physics in AMS1 that probably is above this game as well.