Drift 21

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Drift 21 has been updated, and alongside the usual fixes and improvements the game now has some new content to enjoy too.
  • BMW E46 added.
  • New V8 engine now available.
  • Various minor fixes and tweaks.

Drift 21 continues to fly a little under the radar since it released in Steam Early Access back in May, however it looks like work is still very much continuing on this intriguing new title - as the development team recently released a brand new update that brings the BMW E46 car to the simulation - alongside a small number of fixes and the inclusion of a V8 engine for the very first time.

Drift 21 Update Notes:

Drift 21 middle.jpg

New content
  • Added new car - BMW E46
  • Added multiple BMW E46 presets for Quick Race mode
  • Added tuning car parts for BMW E46
  • Added new engine - V8
  • Added multiple tuning parts for V8 engine
  • Added parts crucial for V8 engine and previously released cars

Fixes & changes
  • Fixed an issue with Subaru BRZ suspension parts being incorrectly assigned in the dyno
  • Fixed an issue with roll cage clipping through the car seat in Mazda RX8
  • Small changes to Mazda MX5 headlights
  • Small changes to cameras in Subaru BRZ

Original Source: Drift 21 Steam.

Drift 21 is available now on PC.

Head on over to the 'Other Racing Games' sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss this, and many other new racing titles.

Drift 21 footer.jpg

Last edited:
You can do engine rebuilds while driving midcorner in slow motion and timefreeze?

A feature I never knew I wanted in a racing game ;-)

But in all honesty, ...
- never heard about the developer - check
- zero interest in drifting - check
- total aversion to the music above - check
- small Indy developer you say - check

I buy a copy just to help the right people (looking at you EA, Codemasters, ...)

I hope it plays well with a controller, might just as well spin some tires with it ;-)

I do several styles of SIM racing but drifting is not one of them. I just dont have the time to try and
learn it and prefer circuit type SIM racing.

I do belong and follow a Assetto Corsa Drifting group to see what they create. There is much more for Assetto Corsa with the
guys designing new tracks and cars all the time for drifting. And they do a pretty good job creating their mods.

This game might be too limited for them because this game may not have 3rd party modding.

Last edited:
I actually am going to try this as soon as I have time for it. I like to try every genre of racing or driving. I hope the physics are good otherwise it won't simulate anything and won't teach you anything.

On a different topic, I think this M3 is the most beautiful of all generations. Maybe the screenshots above didn't show it properly.

Fun combination of car mechanic sim and drift sim with real world licensed drift tracks. Has great potential though the developer is taking a while to get there. Physics have been getting a lot of work over recent updates, but like all sims opinions vary wildly about if changes are good or bad.

One problem for the developer is the gameplay path they have chosen where you get a car close to stock and slowly rebuild it to be tuned for track by exchanging parts. It's a fun process and reflects the aspect of drift culture where drivers tend to spend a lot of time in the garage working on the car, but presents problems for tuning the physics for various builds.

The dev has sensibly held off on introducing full tuning until the base physics are dialed in to satisfaction, because that extra layer of complexity would further confuse player feedback re physics development. When they get around to including full tuning I believe it will become a very compelling sim to tinker with.

• Deleted member 963434

i just bought it to test its physics , ffb and check if i can turn off virtual wheel xD that BMW e46 brought me, i saw on screens there is also E30 and hope they add E36 later
i like yo can be mechanic there maybe i learn someting how upgrade my own car in future

Drift 21 has today received a new update - EBISU West now available

A new update dropped today for the interesting drifting simulation, Drift 21. The new build is compact in size, and although offering some small fixes and improvements is mostly notable for the inclusion of a new track layout - EBISU West.

The west layout, also known as Nishi, is the longest course of the EBISU complex at a total of over 2100 meters of track. Featuring long straights and fast corners, this should be a perfect place to try out the new V8 engine and other power upgrade goodies within the game!

Check out the update notes below:

New content
  • Added new track - EBISU West (also known as Nishi) and KuruKuru Land
  • New Time Attack challenges - designed specifically for EBISU West and KuruKuru Land
  • New Solo Run challenges - designed specifically for EBISU West and KuruKuru Land
Changes
  • Small changes to cars present in Quick Race mode
  • Fixed minor bugs on EBISU School and Minami
  • Small localization fixes in Quick Race mode

Drift 21 is available now on PC.

Head on over to the 'Other Racing Games' sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss this, and many other new racing titles.

Drift 21 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%