Featured Drift 19 Simulation Set to Release "Soon"

Discussion in 'Drift 19' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,628
    Drift 19 2.jpg
    A new and dedicated drifting simulation is set to release very soon - with Drift '19 recently appearing on Steam prior to release in early 2019.

"Drift19 is the first and only serious drifting simulator. If you love cars, noise of the engine and drifting as much as we do, there is no doubt this game is for you" is the rather bold statement made by developers ECC Games S.A on the Steam store page, and presents a very interesting prospect for virtual drift fans who have for a long time been overlooked by the major sim racing developers.

Ok, so a few of the top sim / racing games available today contain drift content, probably most prominent of which are Assetto Corsa and Automobilista, but in terms of a dedicated game focussed entirely on the world of drifting, sideways racing fans have been somewhat overlooked in the last few years - enter ECC Games and the upcoming new 'Drift 19' simulation.

Set to feature a nice mix of officially licenced content, the new title will of course focus on the drifting scene, however the developers have also included a rather significant portion of the game to the world of customisation, where players will have the ability to create and modify a wide selection of parts for their dream machine, even going so far as to be able to purchase a variety of different vehicles and perform upgrades and improvements.

Set to feature wheel support and multiplayer functionality right from day one, the title initially surfaced in 2017 and now looks to be at an advanced stage, so stay tuned for some more footage from the game in the coming weeks..

Drift 19 is set to release early 2019. Add the game to your Steam Wish List Here.

Drift 19 1.jpg Drift 19 3.jpg Drift 19 4.jpg Drift 19 5.jpg Drift 19 6.jpg

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Doug Taylor

Doug Taylor

Ratings:
    +172
    Nice! Just wish one of these devs would make a proper drag racing title! I guess thats another topic though.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +900
    Perfect choice of cars to begin with :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mesa

mesa

Ratings:
    +83
    I hope its physics will be the same good as its look

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Tommy makeinen

Tommy makeinen

Ratings:
    +5
    drift 19 is my wishlist when i see it back then on steam it should be more balance then a lot of drift game on steam

being honest the drift is balance challenge and easy when its too much one or the other its game over

again being honest my wish is game like gran turismo but less load less content really most important include real track let me use game pad a tutorial will be nice

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +40
    If it has a good car list I would consider it. I would like to see a drifting Lambo especially :cool:

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Mr Deap

Mr Deap

Ratings:
    +77
    My dream is to hope one day seeing drifting in videogame being an official esport. It's much more popular than racing.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Haha Haha x 3
  8. E304LIFE

E304LIFE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +76
    +1

Ya, I'll take a copy. That E30 is delicious looking. (and just too sexy)

9. fatal

fatal

Ratings:
    +2
    2 bad im a bad drifter:D:cry:

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +284
    I'm more fond of racing than drifting, but I see there's a lot of people who likes it, so let's see if the devs can create something cool. Good luck ECC Games!

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. beef

beef

Ratings:
    +47
    with good sound tyre flex and slowmo to watch the start

12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,792
    Hey what a cool surprise this game. Thanks Paul!

13. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +19
    The only form of motorsport I cannot get behind: The clock is to be the superior judge!

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +391
    If the FFB and physics aren't as good as in AC, then being a "dedicated drifting sim" isn't worth much. Rather just slide cars in AC. But who knows... Graphics look good at least

15. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +249
    I agree. This is exactly how I felt about F1 2018. It was part of the winter steam sale so I thought okay I'll give it a go.
    The UI seemed very clunky, I had issues with FOV, finally got it setup decently after 45 min just to realize F1 feels so much better in AC.
    So I'm just cautious with these specialty games because it seems AC, rF2, AMS already do it all very well, if not better.
    We'll see.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. hotak

hotak

Ratings:
    +17
    IMHO AC is not even that good at drifting: try the nissan silvia drift mod for RF2 or the tuned silvia for pCars2 and both drift a lot better than any car in AC

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +199
    Pics 1 and 3 look very realistic. Pics 2 and 4 look terrible with all the post-processing "artistic" crap like faded colours and softening of the picture (pic 2), and mystical glowing headlights and way overdone DOF (pic 4).

Videogame developers need to stop relying on stupid post-processing. If they want to, for example, create better headlights, then they should work on the actual lighting itself rather than rely on gimmicky, fake, post-production effects like making windows and headlights look like they are glowing from radioactive plutonium 9.

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +391
    Well, AMS has also good drifting, if you prefer some other sim to AC... the point remains. To be good drifting simulator, it has to be also a good car simulator. With physics challenging the best in business. You can't simulate drifting well, if the whole car and normal driving isn't simulated well too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. RomFil

RomFil

Ratings:
    +7
    just use this is game for compare
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.