IMHO AC is not even that good at drifting: try the nissan silvia drift mod for RF2 or the tuned silvia for pCars2 and both drift a lot better than any car in AC
Well, AMS has also good drifting, if you prefer some other sim to AC... the point remains. To be good drifting simulator, it has to be also a good car simulator. With physics challenging the best in business. You can't simulate drifting well, if the whole car and normal driving isn't simulated well too.

If the FFB and physics aren't as good as in AC, then being a "dedicated drifting sim" isn't worth much. Rather just slide cars in AC. But who knows... Graphics look good at least
just use this is game for compare
maxresdefault.jpg

The promising looking upcoming Drift 19 game has been delayed - with Steam Early Access having been moved out from the intended November 7th release next week.

Drift '19 may well be a new game that has flown under many folks radar these last few months, as the simulation has continued under heavy development but without the marketing fanfare from developers ECC Games S.A. Set to be based entirely around the world of professional drifting, itself a rather niche sport within the wider niche that is motorsport, ECC are looking to create what they describe as a heavily simulation focused title based on the world of drifting - from the actual on track element of the sport, to the monumental amount of tuning and tweaking that takes place with the individual cars themselves.

Early last month the developers revealed a plan to launch the game with limited content on Steam Early Access, allowing potential early adopters the opportunity to sample an already large car tuning component within the title, featuring in excess of 750 adjustable parts that will have an affect on the overall performance and parameters of the car. As well as under the hood tuning, the EA version of Drift 19 also expected to include a customisation paint shop mode, plus access to EBISU tracks - Minami, School and Driftland.

Unfortunately, a recent statement by the developers explains they have decided to delay public release for a little while longer, giving themselves further development time to fine tune the title before rolling it out to the wider game playing public.

Drift 19 Delayed 3.jpg

No new release date has been revealed by the studio as yet, and you can read the full statement from ECC Games S.A. below:

Unfortunately, we have to move the release date. We don't want you to get an underdeveloped version - we think it would be unfair to you. We believed we could improve everything by 7th November, but now we know we need more time. Drift19 is more than just a project for us and drifting is more than a motorsport discipline. For us, drift is a lifestyle. Thank you for being with us and we are hoping for your understanding.​
Drift 19 Delayed 4.jpg
Drift 19 Delayed 1.jpg

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news about this interesting looking title as and when it becomes available.

Drift '19 is set to release for PC on Steam Early Access in the near future.

For more from the development of Drift 19, head over to the RaceDepartment Drift 19 sub forum and get involved in the conversation with your fellow community members today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

I see the same exaggerated car reflections as in Wreckfest. Do people actually like that (fake) look? It would not be a problem if it was adjustable and could be toned-down. Can't in Wreckfest; hope you will be able to here.
Haven't really noticed too much exaggerated reflections in Wreckfest, but I love how the reflection blur/gloss control is done with their car paint shader. One of the best currently imo.

I put this on my wishlist when it was announced. Since then I have seen zero updates or communication from the devs until now saying it's been delayed, a few days before it was suppose to release into EA. I am still keen, but I am curious as to see when/if this game will actually release, especially since they haven't given us a new release date.

Does anyone know if that game uses a known game engine? Just curious 'cause the Miata Screenshot kind of reminds me of the engine from Dirt judging by the overall looks but won't most certainly be the case... Nevertheless I'm looking foorward to thge game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.6%