Dream DLC & Post 1.0 Content

Chris

Premium
News, teasers, screenshots and speculation about future content.
We already know more-or-less what we can expect post-1.0 in terms of cars and tracks, but hey, let's kick off with some new development screenshots of the incredible Nissan GTR GT3, and the Sauber-Mercedes C9

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

wow, hadnt seen this list. quite a nice batch of free stuff coming our way.

i'm a little confused though as, while im not sure what the rt-35 is, i dont see any 'rufsche gt3'...thought that was a given. i notice also no audi gt3 though, which i thought even more of a given...anyone know if these cars are incoming?

very cool surprise with the mclaren f1, feel like a nitpicker saying i really wish it wasnt the gtr though.

finally, no aston martin license is really a disappointment; iracing & SMS have managed deals so i hope kunos can as well.

I don't want to put words into Marco Massarutto's mouth, but from his recent Facebook post, it sounds as if they've either finished, or are very very close to finishing the Sauber-Mercedes C9.

Said Marco:
"I spent a bit of time watching this picture, thinking about the fact that the mood and this kind of magic that the development of Assetto gives to me everyday, late or before, will end, and it will not repeat in future. I mean, we have already done, we are doing or scheduled to reproduce most of the cars I ever loved. No doubt about the fact that Car manufacturers are producing and will produce awesome cars in future, so this journey potentially will never stop. But all my favourite cars are already in AC, or will do, in the short of mid period. And, when we reproduce a new car, it's a so special process, that you can live once.

The process needed when you build in a simulation a new car is very challenging, but very special as well. You study its documentation, its story, you take a lot of photos and measures, discovering and appreciating a lot of details, technical solutions, pros and cons of the car. And, when you reproduce a vintage or historic model, and CAD files are not available, the overall process requires also more attention and dedication. Therefore, usually - at least for me- a sort of relationship between you and the car starts, while the virtual counterpart of it comes to life. Many times I've found a lot of inspiration and "energy", I mean, excitement, watching the TV format National Geograpic's "Megafactory", when car engineers, designers and production managers of famous brands tell about the processes that bring to the creation of a new model, the goals they want to reach, the kind of challenge they join, and so on. And, in what they say and do, I find lot of inspiration, when I'm thinking about new licenses for AC, even if we "just" reproduce those models in a virtual simulation.

Well, the Sauber-Mercedes C9 for me represents in some way a symbol: it was one of the most iconic cars in the never-played World Sport Cars simulation, and I never found a simulation that represented this car like it should be (for me). So, for years it represented for me a sort of unicorn. And it's not the kind of car you see in your everyday life. Or yes?

Well, you can imagine how I felt the day when, going to work, I found it right down the steps of my office: it was like a starship from Mars landed right on our track. Since then, the strong determination to get it in Assetto has never left me. Now this journey is coming to its end. Other cars, other features and challenges will come, but tonight I feel that this kind of magic is something beatiful, but not repeatible, once you reproduce a car like this for your first time. It's like Lego: you enjoy more building things, rather than playing. Then, you need to build something new and different.

But anyway, I get other great satisfactions when we share our passion and work with lot of people who can recognize, appreciate and enjoy the work there is behind all these pixels."

Any word on some WTCC cars or Minis yet?

The Abarth 500 Fiat is reasonable, but does not compare well to a Mini Challenge car at all. ;)

I know everyone seems to love Ferraris and Supercars, but that's just not me - I like racing Touring Cars, Minis, Porsches and some of the slower GTs. :thumbsup:

The game is great, but I'm just not getting the cars I'd like. They can make them paid DLC - I don't care, just give them to me. :roflmao:

The Abarth 500 Fiat is reasonable, but does not compare well to a Mini Challenge car at all. ;)

I know everyone seems to love Ferraris and Supercars, but that's just not me - I like racing Touring Cars, Minis, Porsches and some of the slower GTs. :thumbsup:

The game is great, but I'm just not getting the cars I'd like. They can make them paid DLC - I don't care, just give them to me. :roflmao:

so agree here!
I don't care what the price is
I just love some WTCC cars MADE BY KUNOS!!

There is a mod for a Honda Civic, which I tried on the week end, that's actually pretty cool.

There is a mod for a Honda Civic, which I tried on the week end, that's actually pretty cool.
Its far better if the car is from devs. Not for its better quality and higher polish, but for easiness of use for general public. Barely and server has ever used any mod content for public racing other then the day it was released for first test!!
Most are just to lazy to spend 5 minutes downloading. So yea mod means little if there is nobody to race with.

Hehe, what Marco said above is interesting about building cars and a journey coming to an end.

Don't worry, if history has told us anything it's that you'll get to build the same assets again, and again, and again, as technology advances :D

By the time a big project like this is over, the GPU and CPU specs will have doubled again no doubt and suddenly you can do so much more that old assets are best just being mostly re-worked or rebuilt entirely!

Dave

Its far better if the car is from devs. Not for its better quality and higher polish, but for easiness of use for general public. Barely and server has ever used any mod content for public racing other then the day it was released for first test!!
Most are just to lazy to spend 5 minutes downloading. So yea mod means little if there is nobody to race with.

yup,

that's a pro for multiplayerfun with R3E

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%