Dream DLC & Post 1.0 Content

Chris

Premium
News, teasers, screenshots and speculation about future content.
We already know more-or-less what we can expect post-1.0 in terms of cars and tracks, but hey, let's kick off with some new development screenshots of the incredible Nissan GTR GT3, and the Sauber-Mercedes C9

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good :)

These videos are referring to the pack as Volume 1...I do wonder if they'll be splitting up the pack into multiple releases or whether this might be a naming convention for future DLC (this is Volume 1, DLC pack after this is Volume 2, etc.).

Either way, this teasing is gonna be painful. :D

Looking good :)

These videos are referring to the pack as Volume 1...I do wonder if they'll be splitting up the pack into multiple releases or whether this might be a naming convention for future DLC (this is Volume 1, DLC pack after this is Volume 2, etc.).

Either way, this teasing is gonna be painful. :D
No. It's all coming as one pack.
Nordschliefe + 10 cars.

When they refer to DLC Pack #1, they mean that future big fish licenses that come with 3, 4, 5 or more cars will most likely come as DLC packs.
For example, there's a huge chance that the Lamborghini license will come as it's own DLC pack, with all 9 Lambo's. And Ford, as we're getting the new Mustang, the GT and the GT40 I believe, and more that are yet to be announced.

No. It's all coming as one pack.
Nordschliefe + 10 cars.

When they refer to DLC Pack #1, they mean that future big fish licenses that come with 3, 4, 5 or more cars will most likely come as DLC packs.
For example, there's a huge chance that the Lamborghini license will come as it's own DLC pack, with all 9 Lambo's. And Ford, as we're getting the new Mustang, the GT and the GT40 I believe, and more that are yet to be announced.

I agree that the Volume 1 bit more likely refers to it being the first volume of DLC in general for AC as opposed to it being a first volume in the Dream Pack, though I just can't help but feel the way they've written it in the video descriptions ("teaser for the DLC "DREAM PACK"- Volume 1") could be a sneaky way of saying that they'll split the content up....

...hahaha here I am trying to make sense of a sequence of words in a YouTube video description to try and gain as much info as possible about the future of AC. Kunos make me do strange things, that I can't deny. :p

It probably won't happen but it would be cool if the American cars came with a laser scanned laguna seca.

New update from the FB page:

Dear followers,

Our development team is working hard on the next release of Assetto Corsa, that will upgrade the main version of the game and will include important additions. We would also like to thank you for all the constructive criticism and helpful tips you submit to our official forums everyday helping our team to improve Assetto Corsa at the best.

Graphics
We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.

Artificial intelligence
CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their "racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.

Flag and rules
The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.

Overcast conditions
Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.

Damages, views and sounds
Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.

Replays
Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.

Pre-order and release date
Assetto Corsa is not in Early Access anymore but that doesn’t mean that development is finished. As promised, the Dream Pack will also include several improvements, optimizations and new features. All the new code features will also be included for free on the main simulation, to allow gamers to enjoy Assetto Corsa and the new Dream Pack even more. However the process needs time to be completed. The release of the Dream Pack and of Assetto Corsa 1.1 is confirmed for Q1 2015. Thank you very much for understanding, for your kind support and passion.

Flags baby. :D

Can Kunos try and get the rights to Formula E cars?
They CAN try but will they? For the moment... I dont think it will happen.
Kunos doesnt seem to be interested in rights of a full series anyway (at this point).
But i heard someone modeled the car and someone wants to get that model and get it ingame... Not many news about it, but maybe there will come a mod of it someday. We'll see

I dont get why @Mid-pack Jack @Andreas Knöpke are "complaining".

a) It's not licensed yet
b) there are no information about it
c) there could come a mod with it

--

If you dont like the series (i am not a big fan of it eitehr), than dont play it. Simple as that. But i am happy abou every new licencse, about every well done mod and some people may would enjoy it. Better have it than not.

They CAN try but will they? For the moment... I dont think it will happen.
I think of all the formula series it could be one of the easier to license. Or at least should be. They want to promote that series, opinion on it is divided between interest and scorne. getting the series on to one of the most popular sims would be a good way to promote the series and get people interested.

Although this years car will have a limited lifespan, as far as I can recall they're moving to their own prototypes next year.

Forza Motorsport 5 has a Formula E car. Not sure if it's exclusive or not, but it has been done.

Would rather Kunos try and push Ferrari to give us a few more F1 cars of theirs from the past. If FVA is any indication it's surely possible to be done. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 427 39.6%