Drawing Shadows

Zolazem

Premium
The game has static shadows these are okay but on top of that there are shadows that drawing in at +- 75/100m in front of where I’m driving it is annoying and takes me out of concentration and it breaks the immersion. On the other hand the sim runs very stable at 120+ FPS but i can’t get rid of this drawing shadows . Is there a way to improve this in settings?

The game has static shadows these are okay but on top of that there are shadows that drawing in at +- 75/100m in front of where I’m driving it is annoying and takes me out of concentration and it breaks the immersion. On the other hand the sim runs very stable at 120+ FPS but i can’t get rid of this drawing shadows . Is there a way to improve this in settings?

Have you tried setting Shadows to Low?

Why don't you reset your graphics card settings and delete your my documents ams2 folder settings bits.

That is not normal should not be doing that.

Its better i think but definitely not gone.

Look on the left at the grandstand.

I apologize if this sounds pedantic, but I think it may actually be warranted for this particular discussion.

When speaking about this aspect of the game, I think you have to be specific whether you’re referring to cast shadows or the portion of an object that’s in shade (shaded side). In my opinion, the game engine handles these as two different things.

AMS2_Shadw-vs-Shaded.jpg

To my eyes, cast shadows…especially with the v1.2 update…are pretty good. The shaded side of objects, however, can still come across as kind of “flat-looking” or lacking in contrast more than they “visually should” within that shaded area.

I apologize if this sounds pedantic, but I think it may actually be warranted for this particular discussion.

When speaking about this aspect of the game, I think you have to be specific whether you’re referring to cast shadows or the portion of an object that’s in shade (shaded side). In my opinion, the game engine handles these as two different things.

View attachment 481529

To my eyes, cast shadows…especially with the v1.2 update…are pretty good. The shaded side of objects, however, can still come across as kind of “flat-looking” or lacking in contrast more than they “visually should” within that shaded area.
No where near the cars....this shadow sit like an error in the middle of the track. See in the game pic attached

Attachments

• ss193214.jpg
    ss193214.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 74
  • ss193248.jpg
    ss193248.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 71

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years