Drag and tires

Did the drag get a significant increase in the last few updates?
I'm noticing now that as soon as I get off the throttle, the rate of deceleration has increased...significantly.
The other thing I am noticing, is the increased 'knife-edge' the tires seem to be under.
Corner slides seem to come in most cases with almost an over-correction on counter with default setups.
Is anybody else experiencing this?

Did the drag get a significant increase in the last few updates?
I'm noticing now that as soon as I get off the throttle, the rate of deceleration has increased...significantly.
The other thing I am noticing, is the increased 'knife-edge' the tires seem to be under.
Corner slides seem to come in most cases with almost an over-correction on counter with default setups.
Is anybody else experiencing this?
Yes, I noticed this. And also the steering is in line with my wheel for the first few degrees of rotation and then suddenly snaps to full lock with the sound of tire scrub and feeling of understeer.
If I go a lot slower I need to be careful steering the wheel to get round the corner without it over steering mid corner.
It's like the wheel rotation on screen is faster than what you are doing with the physical wheel but only after a certain degree of rotation. Cant find a setting that will resolve it.
Fanatec CSW v1 and game is set to 900 degrees as well as on the wheel...

Not sure what has happened between 1.0 and the current build but if I dare release the throttle at turn 18 (just after Blanchimont) at Spa, the car...every car, wants to rotate.
Many of the curbs on the left of circuit are not offering any feedback to the wheel.
The ones on the right seem fine...most of them anyway.

flat curbs , why should they vibrate the ffb if they are just flat asphalt?

Regarding releasing the throttle at 250kmh do you realize you nose goes down and your rear end goes up?
there's a massive weight shifting forward and aero. it's normal to have oversteer under that circumstances, if that wasn't happeing i'd delete the game from my HDD.

I understand aero....I understand lift-off over-steer.
I understand snap over-steer.
That's not what this is.
While I'd expect that to be more of an issue with rear engines cars (Porsche, etc...) due to pendulum-effect and weight transfer, it is also extremely prevalent on the Lexus, the Bentley and just about every other car..
As to the curbs....almost every single left-hand set seems to input nothing to FFB despite the 'wash-board' noise effect.
The ones down at Stavelot do impart the feel.
It is done quite nicely too.
I've never personally been to Spa...so I'm asking the question.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years