AMS2 DPi Sprints @Hockenheim - Thursday November 10

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
We dont have the gridsize we need to create a thrilling Multicass race. We therefor decided to chance this one to Single class (DPi) only with the normal, simplyfied quallify process.

Start of the first session will remain at 19:30 UTC (20:30 CET). Hope to see you all there in these very fast monsters...

Hello All,
In preparation of the Wednesday Endurance Multiclass series that will be released soon, we planned some racing to introduce you all to the concept. We will do 2 sprintraces with fixed setup (Endurance series will be free). We will race 2 car classes: DPi and GTE. Choose wisely, Prototype cars are very fast but come with the responsibility that you have to overtake the GTE safely.

1667219095312.png

You will be assigned a car class based on First come, first served. You will not be allowed to swap class on entering the race.

Both classes have their own timeslot in qualifying session. GTE will qualify in first 10 minutes, DPi in the last 10 minutes. You can ruin other drivers hotlap and therefore racing fun if you do not, and that’s what we do it for right? Make sure you are in Discord chat to follow racecontrol instructions

• If you are on Hotlap. Your headlights are ON. When on out- or inlap, your headlights are OFF
  • If you are on a outlap and a faster car is approaching: get off the racing line. The sooner he passes you, the better you can focus again on your preparation for the hotlap. Be predictive!
  • You are not allowed to pass cars that are in a hotlap lap (Lights are on, pushing on the racing line).
  • If you are on your outlap or made a driving error in your hotlap, let the others pass safely and without disrupting their lane if possible.
Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 GTE
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X2 tyre wear
Setups: Fixed
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Hockenheim - GP
Cars: GTE and DPi

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Race 1.
Practice:
19:30 UTC (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:40 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
20:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:30 UTC (25 minutes)

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

DPi class:
  1. @Guido Trampe
  2. @Kees Veenstra
  3. @Bas Kriesels
  4. @Eric S
  5. @Redvaliant*
  6. @Munkyboo
  7. @Lloyd Johnston
  8. @GeekyDeaks
  9. @A. Rozendom
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot

Last edited by a moderator:
sign me up for the GTE, thanks

pop me on the list for gte

DPi please!

Guido I had a change of heart, can I still switch to the DPI class, please?
Hi Guys. Youre in. Nice spread between the classes. If you know of anyone outside the regulars that would like to attend in his race, please invite them. Connect them to me or Daniel for a Premium try out if needed.

With the limited amount of people joining, especially for 2nd race ( Daniel will not join at all). Guido could still be ill. I think it's better to approach this different. For example 1 class and therefor simplified quali process.

Just my 2 cents...

Good points. Will look into that.
What about a DPi race to get to know the cars better? Will save the MC for a later moment.
And yes, simplified qualify like we use to do

Edit. Changed the format to clarify asap. Not sure if I am fit enough tommorow to participate myself. If I can, I will :) . And, this is only delay.. the Multiclass race will come..... soontm

Last edited:
Will save the MC for a later moment.
I don't want to be appear like a negative ninny, but I do feel like multi-class is something for endurance length races with a healthy turnout. I know it's nice having something a 'bit different', but anything that impacts 'close racing' seems to always have a negative effect on the overall racing for me that needs to be well justified with a decent positive. The large disparity in speed can also be a steep learning curve for anyone unfamiliar with it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%