Downshifting Sound Effect and DLC Packs not on Steam

I double checked the R3E guide post and searched Google, so I guess I have good excuses to ask some questions.

The first is about DLC packs other than the ones listing on Steam. I just bought all DLC of R3E because of the summer sale and I assume it would unlock everything in game like most other games but I was wrong. There are still a LOT of content left to buy. Since everything was on sale, I thought why not buy them all? Before I actually start to compute how many VRP I need to purchase, I would like to ask if there was in the same position as I am right now, who bought all the packs on steam and wanted to complete the collection? If so, that would be great help as I don't have to add up everything and calculate which VRP pack should I buy.

The second question is about the downshifting sound effect. TBH R3E's sound is mega, especially the DTM cars. However, there is one imperfection I wish to improve, which is the downshifting effect. For example, here is an in-game footage (Jump to 3:35)
Here is a real car footage from DTM official site:
Compare to the real car, I feel that the in-game downshifting lacks a little bit of "bang bang bang bang bang bang" effect. (I guess that is called Convolution Reverb in digital signal processing) While I understand that R3E does not support mods like AC does, is there anyway to create that bangbangbang effect? Using some tweaks or system EQ? (Change the EQ of windows sound output.)

Oh and the final question. Sorry I did not include in the title as I did not want to make a super long title. Is there any FFB settings to enhance the lockup feeling? I have an accuforce V2 and clubsports inverse V3 pedal. I am glad that R3E supports rumble brakes/throttle but my brakes and throttle rumbled all the time, thus not giving me any useful info other than massaging my feet.:rolleyes: Also I noticed that when I drove a DTM car, which does not have ABS and I nailed the brake, I could clearly hear the tire sliding because of them locking up but I did not feel that on my steering wheel. I was expecting my wheel to rumble like crazy as that was how I feel when I locked up on a track day. When the wheel is not rotating but sliding, the tire would to "micro jumps". I tweaked the FFB settings both in accuforce and in-game for one week but to no avail. Anyone has any suggestions?

If you bought all the DLC packs on Steam, you should probably refund them if you still can, because you already paid slightly more for them than what you should've paid for the entire content, and, like you seem to have found out, it's not even everything the game has.

The way to get all currently released content for Raceroom is to get the required vRP pack at https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24 (currently, during the sale, you need the 7500 vRP pack), and then buy the Premium pack through http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/premium-pack

The Steam DLC packs are sadly a huge ripoff (you're lucky they're cheaper during the Steam sale if you can't refund them as they're thankfully currently not as overpriced as they usually are) and it's a real shame they still keep them up there so people who are not familiar with Raceroom still buy them :(

If you can't refund the packs you bought or don't want to, then it's still best to get the Premium pack if you want to get everything currently (bear in mind that it doesn't include future content). But in that case, only you alone will know how much you have to pay - Raceroom content prices in the in-game store (using vRP) are personalized based on what you already own so you don't pay twice for the same content. For example, for me, the Premium pack currently costs 30 euro.

Last edited:
If you bought all the DLC packs on Steam, you should immediately refund them if you still can, because you paid probably more than twice the money for what you should've paid for the entire content, and, like you seem to have found out, it's not even everything the game has.

The way to get all currently released content for Raceroom is to get the required vRP pack at https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24 (currently, during the sale, you need the 7500 vRP pack), and then buy the Premium pack through http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/premium-pack

The Steam DLC packs are sadly a huge ripoff and it's a real shame they still keep them up there so people who are not familiar with Raceroom still buy them :(
Oh damn.......I have already played more than 2 hours so that was not possible anymore. The good new is that those packs on steam were bought 50% off, so the loss is not that great.:cry:

I will buy the rest using VRP then. Based on what you said, I need around 7500 vrp to get everything? Now that I cannot get refund for the packs on steam, how many do I need for the rest? Maybe the 5000 pack?

I have checked the prices of the DLC (should've done that before posting, but I wanted to respond as fast as I could due to the possible refund situation) and updated my post, sorry about that. Good news is you're quite lucky as the DLC packs are more reasonably priced right now thanks to the Steam sale than I originally thought, so you didn't overpay as much, as you noted yourself.

I have checked the prices of the DLC (should've done that before posting, but I wanted to respond as fast as I could due to the possible refund situation) and updated my post, sorry about that. Good news is you're quite lucky as the DLC packs are more reasonably priced right now thanks to the Steam sale than I originally thought, so you didn't overpay as much, as you noted yourself.
Yeah I just found out as well, glad their marketing department still has some decency left in themselves. Glad I don't have to calculate all possible combination of packs and choose to buy the premium pack directly.:roflmao:

Glad I don't have to calculate all possible combination of packs and choose to buy the premium pack directly.:roflmao:
To not have to calculate it yourself you just have to make a socalled "dummy buy" in the store.
Just select the packs or the single cars/tracks you would like to buy and then open the Cart Details/CheckOut where the total price will be calculated - including the rebate based on your allready owned content.
No need to calculate it yourself.
Hehe just dont push any confirm button before you are satisfied with the possible total:laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%