Downshifting issues - TX

Been racing Pcars on XB1 and l decided to give iracing a month trial.
My laptop doesn't have the best integrated graphics (Radeon HD mobility 6xxx) but has a pretty decent i7 CPU.
Game setup fine, used automatic graphic setup, looks just fine and getting 80fps. Of course not all the detail but fine for a trial before I decide to build a rig.
Anyways, setup the wheel (can't see where it knows it's a Thrustmaster TX?) and have been trying out a few cars, mainly the Cadillac.
During calibration I set it to use automatic clutch (I have T3PA Pro with clutch but just want to use paddle shifters), registers up and down paddles in calibration.
In the pits gear shift up and down quickly using paddles, but out in the track when I'm braking into turns it rarely registers the downshifting until the car is almost at a stop? This clearly won't work.....
Interestingly, if I blip the clutch it will downshift just fine, but that's not what automatic clutch should do? Also noticed that it will downshift most times if I stab the brakes and hit the downshift paddle. Again, not ideal as car gets out of shape
Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Using latest TM firmware, tried restarting game etc. Still same issues.
Cheers.

Last edited:
For the Caddy, you need to go into the options and set it up for Auto-Blip. This will allow you to shift up and down using only the paddles and not have to hit the clutch at all. You could also leave it on Auto-Clutch, but then you would have to manually blip the throttle on downshifts.

For the Caddy, you need to go into the options and set it up for Auto-Blip. This will allow you to shift up and down using only the paddles and not have to hit the clutch at all. You could also leave it on Auto-Clutch, but then you would have to manually blip the throttle on downshifts.
Thanks! I actually got the same great advice from another iracing member. Auto Blip works great for all cars.

I had the same issue with my TX, I thought it was a fault until i've just read this lol This will make a huge difference and stop me getting totally frustrated and banging down the paddles to find the gear I want lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%