Downshift protection

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Will Mazeo, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +543
    I see AC and now R3E added it too.
    Wonder if Reiza has any plan to allow this in GSC. Would be great especially for GT3 mods. ;)

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +543
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
    Oh haha. Didn't take my stupid pills this morning. I had the 2 swapped around in my mind for some reason.

5. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +507
    Well, it's only implemented for cars that actually have it.
    If you mod yourself a GT3 experience, you maybe should also mod in downshift protection? ;)

Don't know about the cars in GSCE if any of those have that in real life?

6. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Why would we need it in this sim? The motors and tranny's are both pretty bullet proof right out of the box. I've never played RRE so I don't know , do they have weak gear boxes I guess? And AC , I just haven't spent much time in that sim so I don't know about that either , but the amount I have driven it , I never had an issue.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +543
    Chill. That's just a tool for us to play with. Would be interesting in online leagues, especially to stop people that downshift any car like an F1 just because the "bullet proof " stuff you described ;)

8. Jesse Rowland

Jesse Rowland

Ratings:
    +5
    I think it should be added, even though im not the biggest fan of the downshift protection. But, the more of a realistic experience it is, the better for me it is :)

9. ThatRacingGuy

ThatRacingGuy
    I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened

Ratings:
    +493
    NO NO NO And again NO!

I played R3E yesterday and i hate it.
    you have to adjust drasticly on each circuit because you can't downshift and so you get less stoping effect/power.

And it really makes you slower.

Please Reiza Studios don't listen to these guys ;)

10. Jesse Rowland

Jesse Rowland

Ratings:
    +5
    R3E's implementation is bad, i know that, especially the DTM cars... But all iwas saying is if reiza do it it wouldnt be a problem for me, plus they would do it 100x more better.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +543
    Right. Small minded people think it can work only in one way.

12. Dave R

Dave R

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm not crazy about the system in AC but haven't had any problems in R3E with the dsp so far. I would like to see reiza add it as well though.

13. Jesse Rowland

Jesse Rowland

Ratings:
    +5
    For me, i think R3E's version could use a little tweaking here and there. I haven't played assetto corsa yet, really want to try it though. R3E is the only sim i have played that uses downshift protection, so i can't really say much.