Downshift protection removal

How can I get rid of that blasted feature for good?
I've tried turning it off in menus and it still exist.
The darn thing does not work properly for me.
I can be in 5th gear going 60 or 70 mph, try to down-shift to select 4th gear and the gear won't select until I'm way below.
I absolutely hate that feature.

Why do you assume is hard earned cash?

"but in this sim it is poorly implements, like others items, for example v10 tyre model, an absolute garbage."

Why weren't you here when Ivgonsky said that. Or you only come when devs defend their game. Users can talk how they want but devs must always follow etiquette... they are people like anyone else and passionate about their game and effort put in their work.

Make a constructive post about the game's or simulation's flaws and you might also receive a constructive reply. Come all hostile and insulting, you'll likely hear things you don't like.
eh?:O_o:

It needs to come (thread lock)...because this post has gone waaay beyond what I needed.
It wasn't put here for fighting and insults. It was put here for me to find a solution...temporary or otherwise.
Where it has gone, quite frankly...is a bit disheartening.
Welcome to the internet, where calm and civil debate is practically banned and anger is the only accepted language. :unsure:

OK had a very odd downchange thing happen over the weekend, was using the Cayman GT4 at the North loop.

And in some places was getting the early downshift after really not thinking I was buzzing the engine, then in other places thinking, "it should have done it there surely"

Is it simply based on engine revs or any other factors?

Here is a quote from Stefano in the official forums about it:
The projection is a complex calculation that involves the time to shift down, current rpm but also rate of deceleration of the car.. yes it can be inconsistent in both directions (ie. I had overrevs in cars with protection) especially in bumpy braking zones.

New logging parameters were added in the last update so the next time you have a session where you feel it is wrong/inconsistent please open a thread in the official forum and upload the logs immediately after closing the session.

I can be in 5th gear going 60 or 70 mph, try to down-shift to select 4th gear and the gear won't select until I'm way below.
This happens to me, but in Automobilista2, only after I come back from pausing the game. It's strange. Then I slow down and it downshifts automatically for me. Then I regain all control. I don't get it.

Content manager>settings>assetto corsa>view&UI>downshift protections. Thankfully the app makes it simple, all you need to do is disable 'display downshift protection notification', near as I can tell, it also makes it so that you can downshift to your heart's content.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 250 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%