Downloads Manager 1.1.2

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
We are currently working on our downloads manager. Its still very WIP and certainly not the final version we are still waiting on to be finalized by a good temporary solution for those of you who like to share files with other members without having to wait for 20 minutes to get it all downloaded.

downloads.jpg

I tested out the MicroDownloads system so far, and here's some comments:
  • Lists don't work properly in downloads description
  • Allowed to delete own files? I get server error
  • Possibility to Download from another website's URL, not upload to RD from it
Overall pretty good, and I'm sure it'll get better. By the time Xenforo release their Resource Manager, MicroDls will be better :rolleyes:

I'm finding I cannot reply to comments on my own downloads.

Whether I log out and in, clear out cookies or not I also get the server error message.

• Deleted member 28995

new release will be out for sure this weekend.
Im hopping it will be ready for saturday maybe tomorrow if all the testing goes well.

Some updates for in in the next version include.
Updates
Ability to add a forum to each category with thread prifix.
Download files from url without saving the file to your server.
Remove a category image.
On main page you can now order the newest, Most viewed, Most Downloaded and top rated.

Fixed
Fixed a problem with adding a comment when there are no threads attached to a file.
Fixed Downloading large files.
Remove the last viewed block as it was making errors and not realy needed.
Fixed adding in text like chinese characters

Just noticed something. I edited a file uploaded before the new version. I edited the description of the mod, and it found my thread that I made manually in the F1 2012 forum (Mod and thread have the same name), and posted my edit in it. It also added a view thread button in the download, that doesn't work.

Mod DL:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/rddev-simple-osd.283/viewfile

Thread:
http://racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rddev-simple-osd.58329/

btw, Is Test Driver, Michael?

zeno dyk just told me that after he tried to edit his thread from within the downloads section (thread) the forum didn't actually edit his thread but created a new one (thread). I don't know if it depends on anything else but maybe you can reproduce it. :)

Tom

• Deleted member 28995

zeno dyk just told me that after he tried to edit his thread from within the downloads section (thread) the forum didn't actually edit his thread but created a new one (thread). I don't know if it depends on anything else but maybe you can reproduce it. :)

Tom

im looking into this as i have not seen this happen on the test site.

if you can give me a step by step on what you did that might help me on finding this or making it happen on the test site.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%