Downloads failing for anyone?

no problems here with third party cookies still turned off, as in every normal browser nowadays

but i am using a browser plugin that blocks some (edit: but not all) of the 17 different other domains called

RaceDepartment, please dont fall for some bad ad-firm that has dollar signs in the eyes when they see your traffic stats

edit2: i suspect something with the country of some who have problems, also after turning off the blocker i can still download...?

Last edited:
Using chrome or edge, it does the same thing :(

1574936388565.png

Just tried opera browser with CPM settings accepting all cookies and really no issues to download and / or see the videoplayer working.

Just click on the "change your cpm settings" in the bottom navigation and you are good to go.

Again: check country of the ones where its not working.
Again let people provide data we can work with and reproduce any issues. If people don't provide enough information what do you want me to do? Move to South Korea and F5'ing RD all day to see if it works?

What works is running a clean browser and accepting cookies, simple fact that can be reproduced. If people want to block ads, script and what not and force us to go premium only that's also fine. Start a poll and make it happen. I don't like ads either but I am not going to pay alone for other people's fun. Promised myself in 2010 I am not going to fill up the blanks anymore. We are with sufficient people to make this a super sustainable community that will last at least for as long as we have been around (which is a while).

One way or the other this site has operational costs that need to be paid for and ads help with that. Those who block everything will have an increasing hard time on websites in the future as most sites struggle with their business model.

I am not providing any support to people who pirate games and i will not spend significant time on people who block our only source of income either for the same reason.

PS: This is not a message personal to you, just replied to your message to make my point. :D

Sorry, dont get me wrong, it is acceptable to use cookies, its even stated in Terms & Conditions, by using RD I accept those. I turned all blocking off now, as i dont have download probs nor popups. I just wanted to point out a possible cause for broken downloads atm.
So maybe please, to the people who got problems, provide the country you live in and maybe also the internet provider if thats not too much too ask. Edit: from germany, TCom

But that's the thing, the downloads are not broken. If it were ten thousands would storm in daily to complain :). It works absolutely fine and so far all issues have been able to be resolved by following the no-Internet Explorer and cookies advice. A small portion of people seem to have problems and I think I know why.

The only remaining issue I can't reproduce is from a user from South Africa. Might be a local problem there that needs checking but also there we need more info to have any possible problems fixed.

• Deleted member 955978

...and displaying ads all over the site is not a source of income. Making me click on them is.

This is disappointing.
The ad feeds that make the page jump around is infuriating.
As for downloads:
if I want something that is on your site
I guess I will have to unblock third party cookies and accept the risks to get.

Downloading is broken. Looking at the errors in the Chrome Dev Tools:

1575124635854.png

1575124652939.png

I allow all of the very many 3rd party cookies and nothing. This is just poor web design, I get you want ads to support the site but at least write the system to work on modern browsers.

Doesn't work in Chrome or Internet Explorer.

it's working today, this was a new ad

1575125144361.png

now for every 2 secs download i got this new 20 sec ad i can't pass. Thats x10 on the time :(
more than youtube where you have to spend x time watching before having 20 sec ad. i'm not counting the other adds around every page.
Not complaining about others adds but this one is a LOT ! really heavy.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing