Downloads failing for anyone?

here is the errors from console i dont know if it help but here it is

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    115.6 KB · Views: 164
So I'm not alone. After clicking DOWNLOAD button, attached pic is what I see. I don't recall ever seeing this before, not an issue on other sites.

Is this a RaceDepartment-generated screen? I let one go over one hour, and screen stayed same.

Attachments

• RaceDept Download Fail screen.jpg
    RaceDept Download Fail screen.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Disappointingly, the site appears to be trying to load some sort of advertising / tracking / monetisation thing from playwire.com when you click download now, instead of the direct link we get previously.

I figured it out. Turns out you have to enable third party cookies to be able to download anything from racedepartment now... Not excactly what you want your browser to do for various exotic reasons.
There is a reason it's turned off by default in Chrome and lot's of other browsers... :rolleyes:

Please fix this RD. You're forcing your users to lower their basic internet security.

They recently added some sort of advertising rubbish when you click download instead of the direct downloads we had previously and it is causing trouble for people. Solutions that may or may not work so far are disable ad blocking, temporarily enable third party cookies , temporarily allow the playwire.com domain if you use anything that will block it eg. NoScript. Some browsers appear to just not work now.

They recently added some sort of advertising rubbish when you click download instead of the direct downloads we had previously and it is causing trouble for people
First of all ads are keeping this site running as 90TB of data each month needs to be paid for. It's causing trouble to people who don't accept 3rd party cookies (you should in order to download files) or browse with Internet Explorer (you should not use that browser in the first place and upgrade to Edge, Firefox or Chrome instead).

Secondly all browsers (clean installed versions) have been tested and work fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%