F1 2012 Downloading player ghost cars?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Yes you can. Go to the time trial leaderboards & you can then choose to race against that players lap which will download the ghost car.

My advice would be to do it by degrees, so download a lap that is between 0.5 & 1 second quicker than you & you can see where you are losing time against them. Probably the best way to learn the best way around a new track

You can't depend entirely on the racing line. The braking points on it are in most cases either too far or too early, depending on the corner and your setup. Also, you can take some corners a bit faster by taking a slightly different line, than the one suggested, while sometimes sticking to the "perfect" line is pretty hard.
Personally, I race with the racing line only in corners, just so I have something to remind me, that a corner is coming (I get distracted easily) :roflmao: I use my own braking points though.
My advice - use it to learn the overall layout of the track, but after a while try to drive without it and learn your own lines and braking points.

You can't depend entirely on the racing line. The braking points on it are in most cases either too far or too early, depending on the corner and your setup. Also, you can take some corners a bit faster by taking a slightly different line, than the one suggested, while sometimes sticking to the "perfect" line is pretty hard.
Personally, I race with the racing line only in corners, just so I have something to remind me, that a corner is coming (I get distracted easily) :roflmao: I use my own braking points though.
My advice - use it to learn the overall layout of the track, but after a while try to drive without it and learn your own lines and braking points.

Yeah I started with the guide switched on for the same reason as you- a reminder of corners coming up on unfamiliar tracks (and the fact my memory isn't very good), then started to use them as braking point guides......I will try it with them turned off. What I have been doing is analysing videos of other players, using their same setups (never been good at making my own), but I just can't keep the same speed they do and follow the same line - its like they have more grip than I do. Practice I guess.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%