Downloading mods

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I go through all the steps but for some reason I have 2 game data folders. When i click on ther main one it brings up all the folfders but there is also another game data folder. Both folders show the cars but they are not shiowing up in the game. When i drag the open files to the folder do I need to clicvk on the main game data folder and then drag into there or just drag the files into the gama data folder without opening it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

You must overwrite GameData folder in your GTR2\ directory and not copy GameData inside another GameData (this is what I understood from your post but as Shovas said a screenshot of your files tree would help to understand your problem)

Files structure is like that as supposed d: drive hosts GTR2 install :

d:\GTR2\ is main directory (where you must copy all files/folders from 10th Anniversary Patch by example)

d:\GTR2\GameData\ includes GDB menus

d:\GTR2\GameData\Locations\ includes tracks

d:\GTR2\GameData\Teams\ includes cars

d:\GTR2\GameData\Talent includes AI drivers RCD files

d:\GTR2\GameData\Sounds\ includes audio WAV/MP3 files

d:\GTR2\GameData\Championships\Official\ includes championships files

In fact, it should be very easy to explain how to install mods if their Zip files structure was done all the same way for all: meant to be unzipped in GTR2 main folder ... but that's not the case.

Without a strict minimum knowledge of folder and file structure in a PC ... I perfectly understand this kind of mistakes when installing a mod or a track.

But anyway, first thing to do before unzipping: open the zip to know the base folder of this zip..... with a minimum knowledge of file structure .... it's then easier to avoid mistakes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back