hello...i have just become a member....and i need help ....my name is wayne...i live in england.....can some one tell me how i download mods....i have the steam version....???...cheers
thanks for that i did try and download winrar but when it had finished downloading it said i had to pay for it to continue which i am not doing and i am also worried about getting a virus..i have had one hard drive wrecked even though i had security so i am still stumped regards jeffHi @jeffrey wayne ,
First of all, welcome to the forums. Secondly, to keep things readable, please use correct interpunction instead of three/four dots.
To answer your question:
Mods come in multiple different forms, from basic skin mods to entire carsets, tracks and even graphical mods. The basic idea is that you enter our Resource Manager and search for a mod you like. When you are at the page of the mod itself press on the Download Now button. Depending on your browser you may be prompted to save this file, remember where you save it.
After downloading open the rar file you received with it (on Win7 and lower you will need a third party program to open .rar packages such as WinRAR).
Most of the modders include readme files or readme's in their mod description to tell you where you should extract the content of your folder.
If they say something like <yourassetocorsafolder>/content/car/bmw_z4/skins, you should replace <yourassetocorsafolder> with the path to where assetto corsa is installed. That depends on the location of your steam folder.
Usually that is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa
Extract the files as the modder tells you to, start your game and you are ready to go
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask on the forums, but as I mentioned before, please do so orderly.
In addition: WinRAR does prompt you to pay after 40 days, but when you close that message you can still use WinRAR without payingIf you are being asked to pay for winrar you are already visiting the wrong sites @jeffrey wayne as Winrar is free to use.
- Got to http://www.rarlab.com/
- And download the stable 5.20 version for either 32bit or 64bit (depending on your pc). Located near the bottom of the page.
- Download the file
- Execute the file
- Go to the resource manager for AC here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/
- Browse around and find a mod you like
- Download the mod and save it to your desktop for example
- Right click on the file you have downloaded and select Extra to /whateveritsayshere
- The contents of the folder you have to place inside the game folder. Most of the time an instruction is in the mod. Otherwise it should be here on the forum how to install a mod.