Downloadign Cars for Dummies

I'm a dummy--I admit it--when trying to download new cars. (Have no problem with tracks, just cars.)

Could someone explain--in super simple fashion--how to do this. Sure would appreciate it!

Jeff

(Premium member0

In general, mods are a gamedata folder to overwrite : in gamedata you have got the .gdb files which are the cars selection menu dedicated to the mod, and all cars files are stored in gamedata\teams directory

The eternal problem .... which could be easily solved if all mod zipped files were done the same way beginning with a .... "Gamedata" folder ... so that it might always be unzipped in the GTR2 root folder.
Same for other newer platforms ...

No problem for the ones knowing perfectly the game folder structure ... but more for a less accustomed user.... as, for them, a bad install may always happen.

The eternal problem .... which could be easily solved if all mod zipped files were done the same way beginning with a ....

Easily solved if all mods had been packed for generic mod enablers, the same tool Assetto Content Manager uses

Then users would need do nothing other then highlight and click
no possibility of making a mistake just activate/deactivate

Mods that clash are worked out by packager creating any number of multi combos to get around any issues

60_GTR2_Map_Plugin_v1.08.jpg

60_GTR2_Map_Plugin_v1.08_and_XD_v2.1.16.jpg

60_XD_v2.1.16.jpg

essentials_01.jpg

essentials_02.jpg

essentials_03.jpg

Right Durge Driven ! ....
That's why I always use JSGME for years now .... even if I know most folder structures perfectly.

It only has advantages .... the only con is .... maybe the fact Mods have to be on the same disk in the game itself if I'm not wrong....

Not using the latest version ... so maybe is this modified at this point of view ?

Right Durge Driven ! ....
That's why I always use JSGME for years now .... even if I know most folder structures perfectly.

It only has advantages .... the only con is .... maybe the fact Mods have to be on the same disk in the game itself if I'm not wrong....

Not using the latest version ... so maybe is this modified at this point of view ?

Yes with JSGME all mods must reside in the local folder in "MODS"

With OVGME you have total control as to where packages go you can split if you like
to use PnG Track Linker track mods

The way I pack mods open not zipped I can use all mods with either tool

Having said that there is advantages to packing OVGME using repacked zip files per OVGME tutorial
For instance with OVGME zipped mods you can set up a Http that will download any new packages to a OVGME install then 1 click to install !

however I solved the eternal problem so JSGME mods give overwrite warnings for only the files you need by using a "blank folder template" and making a actual mod from a "fresh standalone GTR2"

1. Make folder called GTR2 whatever
2. Copy the blank GTR2 template into it ( you can make with beyond compare in a few seconds )
3. Activate JSGME
4. Activate #1 mod " GTR2 Standalone" first ( basically a fresh working folder)
5. now every single other mod will give exact file overwrites and lists of them when you try to deactivate one has been overwritten

Then you can create different standalone GTR like one with no tracks or default cars
depending on the install you want

this is list of modders I had permission to repack anyway I needed to but unfortunately not at RD :(

GTR2 UI MOD by DucFreak
GTR2 REBORN by Team IRG
GTR2 MODS by GTR233, BenMK1, syhlif32, whiskeycobra, GTP_Furinkazen, PassiveObsessive, @GR0, zkarz, speed1, fazzerbox, aSa, ArmedLightning, Boris Vorontsov, Arthur Stepanov, Jandri, Philipp, DerDumeklemmer, Luzperfecta, Guimengo, Chopchop
Yako for XD and permission
SIMBIN/Blimey/10Tacle Studios for GTR2
Redi for GTR2 Manual
NoGripRacing for Hosting Files
JSGME MODS, repacking and testing by Arthur Stepanov, DurgeDriven
JSGME JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler by Jaesen Jones
Essentials theme song "Getting Better" by The Beatles

most every single add-on has multiple options giving 1,000s of possible combos
and takes a minute to swap with multi highlight

Example would be GT3 skin people working together to create skin mods by series
one click Blancpain 2 clicks swap to IMSA as you see in my Automobilista "Essentials"

Last edited:
Thanks for all explanations, Durge :thumbsup:
I'll have a more deeper careful look at it when I'll have a bit more time than today.

I'll need to make it clear in mind as my native language is not english. ;)

Thanks for all explanations, Durge :thumbsup:
I'll have a more deeper careful look at it when I'll have a bit more time than today.

I'll need to make it clear in mind as my native language is not english. ;)

Here is a copy of my old GTR2 Essentials Tutorial I split into 3 sections
for Basic, Advanced and Track Linker but are 1/2 edited for new version of mod
but as not releasing anymore probably won't finish tutorials

Really needed someone good to redo it but should give you the basic idea behind
Essentials

OLD TUTORIAL
https://mega.nz/#!24QGUS4I!8_lsQcWHaO2ctJur-VdlZRg8NWWX2d5DzC5eqQ-2NwQ

BASIC
https://mega.nz/#!i9BkQSbI!5_N3fYjE81jhtAil9xB-s7NWrUJdtkPBOqnUzZzJnVg

ADVANCED
https://mega.nz/#!7wBUBApZ!gQe4hcAGjkRg2Nw1zZ3GMZQ_NEOOWzP51q11YDwXpcU

TRACK LINKER
https://mega.nz/#!K8A0SAYJ!aOI9JvFyMek1p_TQDR8YtBwk1R6MaXUNTriSTQgbweY

Last edited:
Downloaded and will have a look at all this later.... ( surely a part I already read at the time at NG, I suppose ). Thanks for this. :thumbsup:
Too busy these days with our AC league preparing championship and many skins to do for a GTR2 mod and testing the already ready cars for a next pack.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back