Download: Venom's "McLaren MP4-26 HD Ultimate" (Incl. McLaren Steering Wheel HD v2.0)

Hello RaceDepartment peeps!

Finally, my latest and best looking livery...
The HD version of the 2011 McLaren MP4-26 incl. brand new HD McLaren Steering Wheel!

Download: "http://www.mediafire.com/?mrjsdglgzykrdw4"
or "http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/76433971/file.html"

Screenshots(Most Angles): http://imgur.com/a/zUxdC#0

No detail or effort was spared! Latest livery from the last 2 races of 2011 season. Every single detail I could possibly spot was added. A lot of time & patience with more than a month of development and designing.

McLaren MP4-26 Livery:
  • Everything redone in vector graphics for the Main Skin and Specular Occlusion Map
  • Newly designed carbon fiber parts
  • Correct colors
  • All bolts and some new bolts & studs
  • New details & design of the MP4-26 (There where some changes made since beginning of the season)
  • Perfect size & placement for all logos and sponsorships
MP4-26 Steering Wheel:
  • Brand new & "100% accurate" MP4-26 HD Steering Wheel
  • New Normal Map, Ambient Occlusion and Specular Occlusion Maps all redone in HD
  • All Buttons redone and authentic to real steering wheel
  • New & correct placement for bolts/studs on steering wheel
  • Newly designed carbon fiber texture
Instructions:
UnRAR Files into F1 2011's main install folder (for example: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\F1 2011\")
Original Files included (renamed with " - ORIGINAL")

Note: If you have the "Ultra High MOD LOD" installed, or the reflections of your team mate's car looks odd, Just copy and rename "mc1_gen_high_main.pssg" to "mc1_gen_low_main.pssg" and place in "F1 2011\cars\mc1\livery_main\textures_low\" There seems to be a problem with the McLaren's reflections when converting to HD. If anyone knows the cause or how to fix it please let me know please, I'd appreciate it!

I hope you guys like it, ENJOY! :D

Hey Everybody!

Thanks for the all comments guys, I really appreciate it! :cool:

i think the grey colour a bit lighter is better
and you have to change material file to reduce reflection,if you make it light

I suspect that you may have a different material.xml file if it seems to dark for you. I have used the original McLaren's materials.xml file for my skin. If you have used a different McLaren HD skin, make sure you didn't overwrite the original materials.xml file(if one was included), otherwise this skin might look dull or dark.

Congratulations venom, it looks fantastic! Great job! :D

When you download logos in vector format, you can import them in photoshop in ANY resolution you want, and they don't look bad as when you resize normal images. If you wann try an example: www.logotypes101.com/free_vector_logo_download/47954/c7c6675cd6319d59aa70556fce596bcb/Mobil_1.aspx

As Rigel said... Thanks for answering this one Rigel :)
I actually made every logo and sponsor from scratch and enjoy doing so, as I couldn't really find any of the logos in Vector format nor did I bother.

Looks great. Will you be working on other cars?

I'll be having a look at the other cars and see if I can improve on some of them.

Brilliant variant of a livery! Thanks!
Why hasn't made a logo Johny Walker behind on a wing ?
http://mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=hires&album=248&year=-1&type=-1&photo=43335

As Warok said. I really wanted to do the Johnny Walker logo at the back, just to discover that the texture for the back wing of the McLaren actually gets mirrored, thus making it impossible. :mad:

If anyone has the ability to edit the materials.xml file to taste, please pm me? I do have some ideas on how to improve certain things with the cars :rolleyes:

I will also be uploading my Red Bull's HD Steering wheel soon. Its basically 100% accurate to the real one too, so watch out for that one!

Thanks again guys and keep the comments and questions coming :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back