PC1 Download the Free Project CARS Pagani Edition on Steam

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Pagani Edition.jpg

First an apology for the delay in posting this news... although a few days out of date, we still want to bring this new, free, edition of Project CARS to the attention of those of you who have yet to sample this racing game for yourselves.

In somewhat of an interesting move by Slightly Mad Studios, the development team have released a free PC only version of the Project CARS game featuring five vehicles from the Pagani brand and three tracks, including the laserscanned Nürburgring and Nordschleife! The Pagani Edition of Project CARS contains the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion and digital versions of the Monza Grand Prix circuit, the fictional Azure Coast, (sometime) home of the German Grand Prix the Nurburgring and of course the legendary, epic, wonderful and exciting Nordschleife. In yet more goodness from Slightly Mad Studios, the Pagani Edition of Project CARS is fully VR compatible for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive as well as supporting 4k screens... not bad at all for a free game!

No doubt SMS have released the new sample game as part of an ongoing commitment to their Pagani licencing agreement, it is nevertheless a nice touch that allows gamers who maybe haven't tried the full title yet to sample what the Project CARS franchise is all about. Supported by the Pagani brand, Horacio Pagani, Founder and Chief Designer of Pagani Automobili had the following to say regarding the new release:

“I’ve always been thrilled by videogames, and Project CARS sums all the things that I love about cars: the passion and the experience. I’m proud and honored to see the Project CARS – Pagani Edition, and I hope all our fans all over the world enjoy the possibility to drive our creations, especially the new Pagani Huayra BC.”

Project CARS Pagani Edition 4.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 5.png

Project CARS Pagani Edition is available for free on the Steam network for PC players right now.

Check out the Project CARS sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Take a look at our Mods section for addon content for the title and have a go in one of our quality Club Racing events here at RaceDepartment, check them out today and join in the online fun.

Project CARS Pagani Edition 2.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 3.png

Have you tried the Pagani Edition of Project CARS? Perhaps you are new to the game, does the free edition encourage you to purchase the full title? Let us know in the comments section below!

I might be wrong, but wasn't Project CARS the one game from this gen that didn't model the asymmetrical spoiler deployment on the Huayra? I think I saw a comparison video with FM5, AC and GT6 back in the day.

Only AC models it properly as far as I know. None of the other games that feature this car properly model the wings.

Plenty of videos out there comparing the cars though and its clear which ones dont properly model the wings :p

Was disappointed by the fact that they didn't include this pack free in the original project cars ( 4,49 c$ ) for the dlc ( this demo as more than the dlc tho and free ? ). Must be for a limited time only. You can buy dlc for 5$ but you can drive it free in the pagani edition free-to-play....Weird.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wondered this so downloaded this demo the other day to find out. I can safely say that on my T300 Alcantara wheel the FFB is still just awful. Raced for five minutes then uninstalled it. Absolute tosh.

I did the same and, to my unsurprise!!, FFB is terrible. AC is miles way better, and AMS is lightyears ahead.
I should say that the FBB in Pcars for PS4 seemed to be better than the PC version, imo, using the same configuration.

If only my PC could have the same level of detail in Pcars that those show off screenies demonstrate. It does look damn good though. Nice touch to release it free. No one can possibly moan or complain about it, if it's free. ;)

Even for free this game is shocking value for money :rolleyes: I was so hyped for the original release but I just never got into it. Played it for a month and haven't touched it since. Besides, the only reason I was exited for it in the first place was the junior formulas but now both r3e and AMS fill that void for me :D

Maybe it's better now a year and a bit later? I somewhat doubt it :(

I downloaded it and took the 'R' around the combined Nurb/Nords at default settings.
The steering felt way too light ...almost as if the car has no mass.
The nose of the car kept 'tucking' unrealistically during braking to fast corner approaches.
The brakes left a lot to be desired.
It needs a lot of setup work if it's to shine...even as a 'free' gift.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back