Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
there is very little information from Assetto Corsa to display on SIMHUB:
Temperatures, pressures? level TC, ABS etc ... it is not possible?
Thank you

Hi,
there is very little information from Assetto Corsa to display on SIMHUB:
Temperatures, pressures? level TC, ABS etc ... it is not possible?
Thank you
Hum ! Strange all the data you used as examples are available :

upload_2018-2-8_7-23-29.png

hey Guys

im battling here

not sure whats up, stuff i consider simple is kicking my rear end.

anyone thats setup a complex dash.
please assist??

i have 1x 2004 LCD, 1x tm1637, and 1x w2812b

i cannot get them to work together,
infact, cannot get the w2812b to respond properly(havent found an easy test sketch yet? they all say "cannot compile for nano")

i need alot of data to be displayed of 2004LCD, adding the tm1637, totally mixes up the pages for the ldc.
eg.
pg1 tire temps,pg2 lap times. pg3 fuel load.
after tm added suddly ony pg2 will show??
.. yes i did add the tm above the 2004

added w2812b onto pin 6 as per sketch
setting it up in the LED\RGB tab, and no leds light up
anyone know of a test sketch for me to test hardware?
as per instructions, not much more to setup of RGB leds

im not enjoying this software anymore, keep doing things i cant fix
please assist???

hey Guys

im battling here

not sure whats up, stuff i consider simple is kicking my rear end.

anyone thats setup a complex dash.
please assist??

i have 1x 2004 LCD, 1x tm1637, and 1x w2812b

i cannot get them to work together,
infact, cannot get the w2812b to respond properly(havent found an easy test sketch yet? they all say "cannot compile for nano")

i need alot of data to be displayed of 2004LCD, adding the tm1637, totally mixes up the pages for the ldc.
eg.
pg1 tire temps,pg2 lap times. pg3 fuel load.
after tm added suddly ony pg2 will show??
.. yes i did add the tm above the 2004

added w2812b onto pin 6 as per sketch
setting it up in the LED\RGB tab, and no leds light up
anyone know of a test sketch for me to test hardware?
as per instructions, not much more to setup of RGB leds

im not enjoying this software anymore, keep doing things i cant fix
please assist???

Hi ! Concerning the "mix up", simhub takes the displays in a fixed order TM1638 then tm1637 then max7219/21 and finally the LCD is always the last. So adding a tm1637 in the front actually changes the lcd position just reorder them to match your new layout. With a simple drad'n'drop you can reorder them in a few seconds :

517e4df6-dd6e-48de-a165-400563a3a83a
z1hMcDt.gif

For the leds a common mistake is to use output instead of input (dout instead of din, the direction is really important) make sure to use them in the good way.
Also another common mistake is to set "1" in the setup when you are using one 8x leds bars, ws2812b modules comes in various layouts (bars circles ... ) and it's the number of led which must be configured, not the number of modules .

Here a sample sketch for leds, it is configured for pin 6 and 8 leds , i just tested it on my own arduino with no problems, it's the official test sketch coming from adafruit :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydlhjhfgr28fhcg/strandtest.rar?dl=0
Make sure to use simhub embedded arduino ide so you won't miss any library : it's available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13

Hello wotever,
Shakit is still not working properly. In Assetto Corsa it still has RPM up and down speed, In Raceroome the vibrations come only a few seconds after you leave the box, then they sneeze completely for a few seconds, then something comes back and so on.

I use power supplies of 12V and 1A or 2A, Arduino orginal and Clone, Motorshield V1 or V2, and mostly this engine
https://www.amazon.de/1-1inch-Vibra...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NZERPMW2Z1BKTGS2VPNH

Would you please look for it.

Hello wotever,
Shakit is still not working properly. In Assetto Corsa it still has RPM up and down speed, In Raceroome the vibrations come only a few seconds after you leave the box, then they sneeze completely for a few seconds, then something comes back and so on.

I use power supplies of 12V and 1A or 2A, Arduino orginal and Clone, Motorshield V1 or V2, and mostly this engine
https://www.amazon.de/1-1inch-Vibra...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NZERPMW2Z1BKTGS2VPNH

Would you please look for it.

Hi ! I've tested your profile for the last release when you sent it and everything went fine on both games, could it be disconnects ? Could you send me the log files ? They are available here : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs.

Maybe some other clues could help me :
- If you play with the "test force" in the mixer does the output keeps responsive and matches the level you have set ?
- Do you have a datasheet for the motors you are using the only one i could find is this one :
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Mabuchi-RS-...M-RS-385SH-Powerful-Hobby-Motor-/280890398716 .I see that they have a working current of 900Ma, and a stall current of 4AMPS !! if your motor actually matches these characteristics you are probably totally out of specs for both boards and power supply.

Look on the image the temperatures (oil, water) and pression (oil, turbo) are displayed on Pcars2, but on Assetto Corsa it remains on O. I think it's game limitation. It's ok for TC and ABS ;-) sorry

Thank you

mini_18020301452721547215532592.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ! I've tested your profile for the last release when you sent it and everything went fine on both games, could it be disconnects ? Could you send me the log files ? They are available here : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs.

Maybe some other clues could help me :
- If you play with the "test force" in the mixer does the output keeps responsive and matches the level you have set ?
- Do you have a datasheet for the motors you are using the only one i could find is this one :
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Mabuchi-RS-...M-RS-385SH-Powerful-Hobby-Motor-/280890398716 .I see that they have a working current of 900Ma, and a stall current of 4AMPS !! if your motor actually matches these characteristics you are probably totally out of specs for both boards and power supply.
Thanks wotwever, i will try the mabuchi 385

Hi @Wotever sorry for the tag but you think/plan to add support to chrome cast too?
Would be awesome!
Btw there is a plugin for rF2 which let a mate to connect remotely and see your car stats (engine, tire, fuel status) and plan a pitstop for you while racing, could be doable? Something which let a team manager to give you a pit message on screen (and maybe call it for you ingame and let him set values for you so you need only to pit).
Thanks in advance for your time and work really awesome

Thanks wotwever, i will try the mabuchi 385
Hi ! I wasn't suggesting you to buy this motor :D, It's the spec i found the closest to your actual motors ;)I was searching if they weren't drawing too much current. could you look for the other clues i gave ? (disconnects, responsiveness of test motor force ?)

Hi @Wotever sorry for the tag but you think/plan to add support to chrome cast too?
Would be awesome!
Btw there is a plugin for rF2 which let a mate to connect remotely and see your car stats (engine, tire, fuel status) and plan a pitstop for you while racing, could be doable? Something which let a team manager to give you a pit message on screen (and maybe call it for you ingame and let him set values for you so you need only to pit).
Thanks in advance for your time and work really awesome
Chrome cast would be a bit out of the scope of simhub :D despite being fun to develop :D

concerning crew messaging, there is an idea, but i don't think I could start something like that.

Just read again your original problem, it really looks like a driver issue, I had such symptoms with multi-gpu in the past, drivers reinstall/update solved it on the end after a lot of headaches (way too much :( ). WPF (the simhub underlying technology) is relying on directX and accelerated graphics and in this way it is less tolerant than any other classic desktop apps.

Concerning closing, simhub closes properly all the plugins, one of the slower to close is Arduino plugin, if you don't use it you can go into the arduino settings and disable it, it should reduce the time to close : View attachment 234461

Concerning starting on the dashboard page i already got such request :D, I had some additional ideas in mind, i will look what I can do :D

I have found that the screen goes black, but if I minimize SimHub AND move the mouse to the left of my desktop, where the second monitor is supposed to be, the dashboard image appears on it. I've also found and if I don't do this, but leave the display black and launch my games, when the game goes fullscreen, the dashboard image appears too. So, no problem with this, but strange behaviour anyway.

Now, a technical question in case you have an idea: the first time I plug my hdmi / usb monitor I can see glitches. When I touch the usb connector on the monitor, I can see that these are affected. However, they are gone as soon as I unplug the usb cable from my hud and plug it again. Could it be that it's not sending enough power?

Now, a question and a possible suggestion: does SimHub allow command line or shortcut options? I'm asking this because 90% of the times I launch SimHub it's just for enabling one of my dashboard and then launch my games (I use SimCommander to launch for this) So, it would be fantastic to be able make this process faster and more automatic, creating shortcuts with options, something such as: SimHubWPF.exe -l:mydashboard -d:sm -m -h (l= load, d=destination sm=second monitor m=minimized h=hidden).

Hi ! Concerning the "mix up", simhub takes the displays in a fixed order TM1638 then tm1637 then max7219/21 and finally the LCD is always the last. So adding a tm1637 in the front actually changes the lcd position just reorder them to match your new layout. With a simple drad'n'drop you can reorder them in a few seconds :

517e4df6-dd6e-48de-a165-400563a3a83a
z1hMcDt.gif

For the leds a common mistake is to use output instead of input (dout instead of din, the direction is really important) make sure to use them in the good way.
Also another common mistake is to set "1" in the setup when you are using one 8x leds bars, ws2812b modules comes in various layouts (bars circles ... ) and it's the number of led which must be configured, not the number of modules .

Here a sample sketch for leds, it is configured for pin 6 and 8 leds , i just tested it on my own arduino with no problems, it's the official test sketch coming from adafruit :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydlhjhfgr28fhcg/strandtest.rar?dl=0
Make sure to use simhub embedded arduino ide so you won't miss any library : it's available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13
Hey Wotever.

thanks.
i have rearranged the lcd order, it hasnt helped the dissapearing, non appearing screens,
is there no way to change its order?
otherwise im throwing the tm1637 away, info on my lcd is more inportant than a speed display.

ive been testing things seperately now,
upgraded to version 6.3.2,, then simhub wont pick up my arduinos, it sees the port, and greets it, but wont connect, as soon as i remove the tm1637(working perfect in previous beta ver) then sim hub recognises and connects.
any ideas??

another thing.. the embedded arduino app, wont upload to arduino, says "upload unsuccessful" i always end up setting it up in arduine IDE, i prefer it anyway

Hey Wotever.

thanks.
i have rearranged the lcd order, it hasnt helped the dissapearing, non appearing screens,
is there no way to change its order?
otherwise im throwing the tm1637 away, info on my lcd is more inportant than a speed display.

ive been testing things seperately now,
upgraded to version 6.3.2,, then simhub wont pick up my arduinos, it sees the port, and greets it, but wont connect, as soon as i remove the tm1637(working perfect in previous beta ver) then sim hub recognises and connects.
any ideas??

another thing.. the embedded arduino app, wont upload to arduino, says "upload unsuccessful" i always end up setting it up in arduine IDE, i prefer it anyway

Hi ! I know that the tm1637 is particularly intolerant to weak connections, if somehow they get bad transmissions or failing the whole arduino will "fall" and not connect or randomly disconnect. I already had this trouble in the past personally and took me a while to figure that it was a simple solder failing. If simhub stops at "hello" it can be really the cause.

If you don't use the embedded setup how do you configure the arduino ? there are dozen of settings in the sketch, I would'nt dare myself configure it manually

Edit : There is no upload "un"successull message in the tool, there is "upload successful" or upload "failed", are you sure it really fails ?

Last edited:
Hey Wotever

silly question,
like your radar on the hdmi screens.
is it possible to make two single w2812b leds light up green then yellow and red as to how close a car is to you?
then place one on either side of wheel??

they a far clearer flag than the on screen one.

i have a few as i got some for session status flag,
will be trying ti set it up soon.

Hi ! I know that the tm1637 is particularly intolerant to weak connections, if somehow they get bad transmissions or failing the whole arduino will "fall" and not connect or randomly disconnect. I already had this trouble in the past personally and took me a while to figure that it was a simple solder failing. If simhub stops at "hello" it can be really the cause.

If you don't use the embedded setup how do you configure the arduino ? there are dozen of settings in the sketch, I would'nt dare myself configure it manually

Edit : There is no upload "un"successull message in the tool, there is "upload successful" or upload "failed", are you sure it really fails ?
hi.

yes, upload failed message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%