Download from Race Department not showing up in rf2

I download the Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar From Race Department. Then put it in the user data >player >settings >Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017 file like it said, but no new car shows up. What am I doing wrong? (first time post here)

Did you install it by Extra to rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017. the rar/Zip is set up to install from the rF2 directory
Install a rar/Zip program is you don't have one. There's free one in Microsoft store.
Right click on the rar/Zip, Extra rar/Zip, navigate to your rFactor 2 folder and extract. The extract will do the rest.

If the one you downloaded is this one, https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/weathertech_amg_-50.19010/ it works.

ssems to be more going on, I just downloaded, verified it was located in the Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017 folder and it does not show up in the new UI. I wonder if this is an older car that was not updated when the PBR shaders got introduced and they changed the file formats several times to get the AI cars to appear.

ssems to be more going on, I just downloaded, verified it was located in the Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017 folder and it does not show up in the new UI. I wonder if this is an older car that was not updated when the PBR shaders got introduced and they changed the file formats several times to get the AI cars to appear.
Yeah, it hasn't been updated to the shaders so no region or json. Instead off doing each car I chose to make a skins pack. This particular livery wasn't added at the time because it didn't get the downloads as a single car so didn't warrant the need to rebuild it for the new shaders.

but I have put it back into rF2 and it worked, but I have only checked it using the old UI. There's no reason for it to not show up in the new UI. Others liveries for other cars do.

I did think when I first read this that the veh ini the virtual ride was made for may had been changed, if this was the case it wouldn't show. However it is working here.

Will check with the new UI.
Let you know what I find out.

Ok. I found that I have indeed updated the Weathertech. So it's working here.

Unfortunately because I've just made the skin pack and the download here at RD has not been updated I have confirmed that it in fact doesn't work anymore.

To up date it now I will need to make up the new ICONs for the new UI. If I do this I would be more inclined to add it to the E-SPORT GT Series skins pack. That in itself is far more popular download than any single livery.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 68 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%