Doubt between my Fanatec V3's or a CSL Elite LC

Hi,

I purchased the Fanatec V3 pedals, but I have a little doubt about them. I also got the brake performance kit, and I know almost everyone likes them, but I'm quite casual in the sim racing thing, and I found them, even on the lightest combo (12 red + 13 red) quite a bit too stiff.. I also like a bit of travel, and here is almost "none".

My question is: does anyone know of the CSL Elite LC brake pedal on the lightest setting is a bit less stiff than the V3 (red/red)?

The standard configruation of the V3 is some sort of a sponge, I don't like that either.

To be honest, I liked the standard brake pedal of the 2-pedal Elite set the best so far...

So anyone has experience with both maybe and can say if the Elite LC is a bit less stiff or the same as the V3 with red/red combo?

you use brake performance kit? And do you know if it is possible to use 12 red and 13 red? Some call that "super soft" but is that an option I can use ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you have the V3s Miguel and if so how have you set them up .

I'm with the op in that it's hard to get a nice balance of feel. But I think more importantly I am starti g to realise as good as having a firm pedal is (red and green 13mm), the BPK reduces travel by like 75%, and I think this also has to have the effect of reducing the resolution of the pedal.
Sorry to op not intented to hijack your thread but have never used CSL pedals myself.

Upvote 0
Do you have the V3s Miguel and if so how have you set them up .

I'm with the op in that it's hard to get a nice balance of feel. But I think more importantly I am starti g to realise as good as having a firm pedal is (red and green 13mm), the BPK reduces travel by like 75%, and I think this also has to have the effect of reducing the resolution of the pedal.
Sorry to op not intented to hijack your thread but have never used CSL pedals myself.
You won't change resolution. The loadcell is plenty strong so you won't saturate it. I have mine just under my desk so I can't apply too much force. I have a way to hardmount them I just haven't gotten around tp it. Just keep the stock foam insert and lower the value of the valve for a 3 or so. It will have more travel if that is what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
Yeah I get that but what I really meant was it's much harder to make fine pedal adjustments with the kit installed due to less travel.
I have been thinking that the damper kit might be the way to go.

Upvote 0
Just my 2 cents, but are you using sox or shoes. If sox the brake performance kit will will to hard on your feet. If shoes the BPK should be OK , it all depends on what you like or what you are used to 1. lots of travel and soft (street car type brake feel) or 2. short travel but firm (most track/race cars). I find short/firm travel more conducive to muscle memory/feel and longevity/comfort. I drive with thin sole driver shoes Hvy Spring, BPK (green 12&13) no dampner and Hvy Spring 2" throttle travel w/ dampner @4 on a V3. Works fine for me :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Besides the other described red/green combo's you can also play with the red turning knob on the brake pedal itself. Loosen or stiffen it to your own preference.

I also have the CSL pedal set including the LC brake. I had to get used to the new v3 pedals but after a while I wouldn't go back anymore. ALthoug the CSL pedal set is already very good on it's own. Great price/performance balance.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing