Doubleshift problems

I have occasional doubleshift-problems with my Frex+ seq-shifter. My shifter is connected directly to my CSW, just like F's own shifters would be(I made cord by myself). With RRE I have d.shifts mainly when downshifting, ie when in 4 and downshift it goes straigh to 2.

I had this same problem with rF2 but there I was able to change "repeat shift"-value in .plr(if remember right that value is in .plr) but in RRE there is no line in control-file and .plr is encrypted.

So how to cure this problem, in every other sim shifting is just fine.

I have occasional doubleshift-problems with my Frex+ seq-shifter. My shifter is connected directly to my CSW, just like F's own shifters would be(I made cord by myself). With RRE I have d.shifts mainly when downshifting, ie when in 4 and downshift it goes straigh to 2.

I had this same problem with rF2 but there I was able to change "repeat shift"-value in .plr(if remember right that value is in .plr) but in RRE there is no line in control-file and .plr is encrypted.

So how to cure this problem, in every other sim shifting is just fine.

I have this problem myself, I use the Logitech DFP GT, but I think I have relayed its more of my steering wheel issue than the game, since it also happens in assetto corsa and sometimes iRacing, does happen more with RRE. To add though, like you said GSCE doesnt double shift because of the built in delay, so no issue there. So I have to revert to the sequential shift knob to prevent double shifts until either get a new wheel or something...Christmas is coming ;)

There's been a few posts here and on steam asking for "gear debouncing" and as far as I know there hasn't been any response. My frex does the same thing for simbin/S3 games. It would be nice to know, officially, if it will ever be added.

There's been a few posts here and on steam asking for "gear debouncing" and as far as I know there hasn't been any response. My frex does the same thing for simbin/S3 games. It would be nice to know, officially, if it will ever be added.

Yup, I posted the "gear skipping issue" on the steam forums, but without much succes. I have the exact same problem with my G27 paddles....

Same problem here. Doubleshifts while downshifting. I'm using a custom-made sequential shifter directly connected to my Fanatec CSW base v2.

It happens since last update. Doesn't had this problem before in R3E.

That would be nice if they will fix it, 'cause I still have those same problems. Feels stupid to use paddles because seq. gives too much doubles. It's now even difficult to fix, they just have to add that line to control ini's so so we can change those milliseconds if needed(seems that in GTR and rFactor-based sims 200 or 250ms is ok).

But in other hand in example iRacing, Assetto etc doesn't have this problem at all.

Ok so the DSD sequential shifter I got to replace the Frex sequential, (because it was doubleshifting) is now doubleshifting too. :(

I fired up Assetto Corsa and set "gear debouncing" to 200ms and I could not get the DSD to doubleshift.

I have an issue where after about 8 laps of a 15 lap race, my gearbox won't select 3rd or 4th gear and the engine makes a distressed sound. The car ends up losing all drive. This is in the DTM 92 cars.
That's a different problem. seems like your gearbox is damaged. You have to use the clutch properly in R3E or your gearbox will break. (....or just use auto-clutch):rolleyes:

Back to topic ...... i really hope for a short-term solution for the doubleshift problem. And also for a proper support for CSW base v2, because the automatic wheel range doesn't work with it. R3E is one of my favourite sims and actually i can't really enjoy it as i would like to.:cry:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%