Door Mirrors

Anyone know a way of adjusting the angle of the door mirrors or could create a mod to do this.
On my real car I like to adjust them so I can see down the side of the car.
Cheers
Hey, I'm no modder so I can't say anything for sure, but I think I read somewhere AC's mirrors are only rear facing cameras, and the car isn't rendered there, so you won't be able to see the sides and rear of the car like in iR/AMS/F1 2016.

Do you know the location of said file.
Thanks

I think it's in the assettocorsa.ini, I think. I don't recall the path off the top of my head but I think it's steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assettocorsa.ini (or maybe assetto_corsa.ini). It's the one where you can adjust FFB skip steps, enable gyro effects, turn off proximity indicators, etc. At least I think that's where it is, I'm at work right now so can't check my PC.

I think it's in the assettocorsa.ini, I think. I don't recall the path off the top of my head but I think it's steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assettocorsa.ini (or maybe assetto_corsa.ini). It's the one where you can adjust FFB skip steps, enable gyro effects, turn off proximity indicators, etc. At least I think that's where it is, I'm at work right now so can't check my PC.
Yes found that thanks
entry under MIRRORS is
FOV=10
FAR_PLANE=400
think thats it but no idea what to do with them

Yes found that thanks
entry under MIRRORS is
FOV=10
FAR_PLANE=400
think thats it but no idea what to do with them
I use FOV 11 (with 10 i feel the cars are too close) and far plane is how long the map details remain in the mirrors before disappearing as the car goes away. I don't know the fps implications with higher far plane values but this is a setting for objects in the mirror staying longer the farther you go.
Then in main menu you have mirror quality and set to high makes it look nicer, but also lowers a bit the fps. If your pc can afford it, set fov to 11, default far plane, and mirrors quality to high. Then experiment with 500 far plane, 600, etc. Test how much fps you lose, and if it makes a difference at all in performance. The important is to have good fps with more cars on the track.

Yes agree with your FOV 11 makes it a little better. Played around with Far Plane but none are doing what I want, which is to adjust the mirror in so I can see down the side of the car.
Thanks guys for your help, guess just have to live with it.

No, I mean the player car isn't rendered at all in any mirror view so it will never be visible under any circumstance... there's no setting possible that will change that, it's fundamental to the game.

Furthermore, the mirrors aren't like real mirrors, they don't "reflect" anything and you can't move them around like physical objects to change your view. Think of them more like small monitors that display an image taken from a camera somewhere on your back bumper.

Last edited:
No, I mean the player car isn't rendered at all in any mirror view so it will never be visible under any circumstance... there's no setting possible that will change that, it's fundamental to the game.

Furthermore, the mirrors aren't like real mirrors, they don't "reflect" anything and you can't move them around like physical objects to change your view. Think of them more like small monitors that display an image taken from a camera somewhere on your back bumper.
Right I understand now that makes sense, still pity though would have made the realism factor that much better.
happy Christmas

it is done in LFS!

Yes agree with your FOV 11 makes it a little better. Played around with Far Plane but none are doing what I want, which is to adjust the mirror in so I can see down the side of the car.
Thanks guys for your help, guess just have to live with it.
Ian, this is a rear view mirror comparison I did and I set it at 60. Does this help any? I know it's not the door mirrors, but you can see the opponents car when any portion of the car is in your blind spot.
Granted the guy directly behind you is further back than usual, but who cares since he is directly behind you.
Just a thought.
Virtual Mirror FOV 60.jpg

Ian, this is a rear view mirror comparison I did and I set it at 60. Does this help any? I know it's not the door mirrors, but you can see the opponents car when any portion of the car is in your blind spot.
Granted the guy directly behind you is further back than usual, but who cares since he is directly behind you.
Just a thought.
View attachment 178508
Although I don't use rear view mirror as a rule, as not all cars have them. I do use my side mirrors, hence my original question.
However your suggestion is worth a try, thanks for that.
What ini did you change for that setting?
Appreciate your time on this.

Although I don't use rear view mirror as a rule, as not all cars have them. I do use my side mirrors, hence my original question.
However your suggestion is worth a try, thanks for that.
What ini did you change for that setting?
Appreciate your time on this.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg: assetto_corsa.ini
Backup this .ini file first, just in case, and then look for the line
assetto_corsa.ini.JPG
change the 10 to 60 if you want the outcome I have. The two little disks you will see in the very bottom of the mirror are your own rear wheels. Just a funny side effect.
Have a great day.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg: assetto_corsa.ini
View attachment 178598
change the 10 to 60 if you want the outcome I have. The two little disks you will see in the very bottom of the mirror are your own rear wheels. Just a funny side effect.
Have a great day.
Thanks for that, same file entry as before then.
cheers

View attachment 178598
Have a great day.
Had a go at that setting, made everything slightly distorted and too far away. so changed it to 20, a lot better and no rear wheels. Then set it back to default to compare the 2. Which actually turned out better, you don't see any more or less of whats behind you or in your blind spot, but at default everything is proportionally correct.
Again thanks for your input, hopefully Kunos will change the viewing angle in the side mirrors or someone on here can find away to alter it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back