Don't you have to pay to play online?

I remember before the game was released, ISI said they were gonna do something like a subscription to play multiplayer, just like Xbox Live and PSN on the PS4.

I would think if they were to do something like that, it would alienate the sim racing community.

Aside from some MMOs, I can't think of any PC game that would charge for online play. Heck, even the infamous GFWL became free in 2008, I believe, because no one wants to pay for multiplayer experience unless it contributes to new content like WoW and EVE Online.

Hey Mohammed, ISI already had that system in place since the start of the game. If you pay the regular price you get a one year subscribtion for online, and you have to renew every year for €12 I believe.
What most people do is to pay about €80 in one time, and you can play online unlimited.

It's just a business model, almost all other games make theit money in an other way.
iracing you need to pay subscription, with Asetto Corsa you need to buy DLC's etc.

With ISI all content is included in the price, and they have already released and gonna release a lot more tracks and cars for the community, and in all types of racing imaginable, and they introduce new features for simracing in general, the dynamic wheather, realroad, the step forward in physics, the new dynamic tyremodel, updating and developing the game for atleast 5 years etc.

With all that in mind the game is really cheap for what you pay for it:)

This is what ISI says:

rf2purchase1.png

price.png

When purchasing rFactor2, you will be given two options. Both are the same product, they simply have different pricing structures and one has limitations on online services. Online services include all multiplayer racing, and some features which make updating easier.

When peopele bought the "BETA" in the the beginning of 2012 they would get a 1.5 year subscription for online gaming, they might have extended that time a bit?

I don't see any part about upgrading your account on that page, but it might be you need to sign in and have an "upgrade" option? Else sending them an e-mail might help too. :)

I can remember the prices being a bit cheaper back than as I bought a lifetime for USD $67 back than.... if I remember well....

Last edited:
Yep people who bought it in the beginning, their year memebership started running only last June I believe as it was more of a complete game at that stage of development, at least with me it expires June 2014 and I need to renew my membership, but I will go for lifetime.

If you send them an e-mail with the question that you want to go to lifetime, they send you a instruction what is needed for that. I did that also and got a clear e-mail with instructions.
I believe at the moment it is possible with Paypal, and some refernce to your purchase, a ordernumber or something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back