Don't judge a book by it's cover...

Or a racing sim by it's graphics. I have to eat humble pie here and also apologise to @Gijs van Elderen. After my set up session the other night, I thought I would head into the club server for the upcoming Brands hatch Audi server. I did a couple of laps. came straight on here and posted a negative comment in the sign up thread about the poor graphics. This afternoon before I started my nightshift I thought I would have another go with the Civic on the same track using my new found knowledge from my set up session and with notes in hand I had another go. After about 10 minutes of fighting my way round this track, I started to make changes then go out and test then back in for more changes then back out and test. After an hour of testing, I hadn't even noticed the graphics because the feel of this track in my opinion was awesome. I still hadn't conquered the hatch but it just goes to show, that yes in a perfect world we would have photo realistic graphics with perfect physics, ffb, the whole works, even a fit blond giving you a BJ as you're racing but unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world. So, my fellow racers, don't judge a book by it's cover or even a sim by it's graphics :)

So, my fellow racers, don't judge a book by it's cover or even a sim by it's graphics :)

That's so true :) but I think with max settings rF2 is not that bad... at least some cars and tracks.

117_rfactor2_2014_12_05_01_56_13_0.jpg

507_rfactor2_2014_12_05_01_55_37_5.jpg

410_rfactor2_2014_12_05_02_12_48_0.jpg

952_rfactor2_2014_12_05_02_05_35_3.jpg

320_rfactor2_2014_11_30_03_08_30_9.jpg

793_rfactor2_2014_11_30_22_55_42_8.jpg

Some great shots there. Sao Paulo as sunset is pretty cool in-game.

My concern is that what will the fans of the "other serious PC Sims" fall back on now.
I am worried their fervent opinions will need an outlet.
I mean if your favourite sim that was prettier but not as deep or physically credible suddenly wasn't prettier anymore it would be hard right.
We need to extend a hand to these people.:sneaky:

PLEASE make my rF2 look like that!!!

Edit: I'm being serious, please help me make my game look like that, cos it really looks awful on my PC ><
Links to threads or guides are welcome!

Hi, do these work with the latest x64 version of rF2? I understand from the earlier posts that these have to be copied into the 32-bit folder but I run the x64 version. Tried various Sweetfx setups (including Gladiator's) but they don't seem to work after I copy the sweetfx files. Thanks.

rFactor 2 is the most complete and advanced sim currently in the market ,no Doubt about that... I believe if you are admiring the sunset or the shiny paint of another car ot the reflection in that puddle when you are racing, you are probably not a "true" racer :) .....I just get so focused on the track ahead and where the other cars are around me and the feeling the car give me through the FFB that I never notice anything else, that is when I am truly enjoying myself ..... in case I am noticing any dodgy graphics then it probably means im not enjoying/focussing on the real fun stuff , which is racing at the limit :)

I would like to try these sweetfx things but Is it more demanding on resources? Also could some one do like a mini walk through or something to make rfactor look that great please?
I'm not that computer savvy I just know enough to get through but it would be nice to make rfactor a little more better graphically. I still love rfactor and do all of my sim racing on here but there is nothing wrong with wanting a little more eye candy.

rFactor 2 is the most complete and advanced sim currently in the market ,no Doubt about that... I believe if you are admiring the sunset or the shiny paint of another car ot the reflection in that puddle when you are racing, you are probably not a "true" racer :) .....I just get so focused on the track ahead and where the other cars are around me and the feeling the car give me through the FFB that I never notice anything else, that is when I am truly enjoying myself ..... in case I am noticing any dodgy graphics then it probably means im not enjoying/focussing on the real fun stuff , which is racing at the limit :)
I'd agree, though only to a certain extent. Not really looking for something perfect, but the jaggies at the lines as you look ahead when running down the long straight in Spa, or the flickering shadows along the long curve in Monza (sorry forgot what you call it), just ruin the experience. And I don't need much focus on these areas, as the next curve/apex is still far away. Noticing these 'flickers/jaggies' are quite annoying. Again, not looking for something perfect, but rather ways to significantly lessen them, as I can with other sims (w/c is also why I acquired a better card). Just my opinion.

that's just running full whack (think reflections are on low, not keen on super sharp reflections in any sim) GTX 970.
im using MSI afterburner screen capture key.

if jaggies are your problem have you set this line in your PLR file:

"Texture Sharpening":0,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 134 13.8%