Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938

Tracks Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
jim lloyd updated Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 with a new update entry:

Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 1.0

Hey Everyone......ok first things first, sorry this took so long

After quite a few private requests to finally get this to 1.0..here we are

Ps if you don't like the crowds or anything else or you just want the best performance _ rename the offending kn5s (grass, crowds and cars in the track folder)

- Updated shader's across the board, everything is looking a little more subtle and natural
- Tweaked performance....for those looking for the best performance for VR or just to get the most...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What have being done in this update?

il_570xN.701495995_em32.jpg

Hi Jim. Thank you for your work in releasing this track. It is great that more historic content is being released. Sorry to bump the thread but are their plans to further improve this mod? Ie bring it to final V1.0? Only saying because I am going through all my tracks in VR and the FPS fluctuates quite a bit compared to stock tracks. I am really wanting to keep this track but hard to run at present. Keep up the great work mate.

Hey buddy. Hope you noticed I had updated. performance is nearly on point now. The 3d grass is the hog. So I recommend reducing would detail to high for VR. I will redo the grass to finally fix this soonish. Hope you decide to keep the track now;)

Jim, I think your monitor might be faulty. The hot air balloon isn't black!
:p
Cheers for the update buddy, love this track. Hope somebody is working on a wet and/or night version...
:)

Brilliant work. One of my local tracks. Works really well with the Simdream 30s and 50s/ 60s mods. Would you consider updating the Oulton Park classic track with Terra21 doing the cameras. That would be awsome.
Kenny.

Hey buddy. Hope you noticed I had updated. performance is nearly on point now. The 3d grass is the hog. So I recommend reducing would detail to high for VR. I will redo the grass to finally fix this soonish. Hope you decide to keep the track now;)
Jim, thank you for the update. Quite an improvement in terms of steady FPS, though slight drop at the final elbow leading into front straight. I love the detail and feel you have put into making it feel like a historic setting. Blasted through some laps in the Lotus 49 time set to 1730. The sun casting shadows on the track were amazing in VR. I wish to contribute a small donation to your work, especially with your combined efforts on the reboot site. Keep it up and thank you for making this hobby great.

Jim, thank you for the update. Quite an improvement in terms of steady FPS, though slight drop at the final elbow leading into front straight. I love the detail and feel you have put into making it feel like a historic setting. Blasted through some laps in the Lotus 49 time set to 1730. The sun casting shadows on the track were amazing in VR. I wish to contribute a small donation to your work, especially with your combined efforts on the reboot site. Keep it up and thank you for making this hobby great.
thanks pal

Thank you... I haven't seen that there is an update tab... my bad.

The X2010 that I talked about is the Red Bull X2010:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/redbull-x2010.8443/

That causes this to happen:

A736D660A2AFF662369522F95ED17EE5FB4BBD3E

88F5C61B4455EB16F44159156C70A26590C7C222

Can be even faster with a little setup.

Last edited:
I have driven this track extensively now and I have to say it is stunning. The ONLY thing I would change is narrow the width of the track going down to the hairpin, compared to footage/photos it looks at least 50% too wide. There is also a strange bump at the apex, whereas footage shows the circuit is pretty "flat"/smooth. Otherwise it is an incredible addition to AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back