Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938

Tracks Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe you could also disable shadow casting from the power lines, they seem to cast some very weird shadows when driving, like you blinked for a split second.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_donington1.jpg

Last edited:
Track is a beauty but i am also having low FPS in some areas (33 fps lowest). Specially under the trees.

1440 maxed out, vsync, Gtx 1070, i7-3770, 3,9 mhz, 16g ram.

Unticking full screen helps but not enough.

Very very nice track, thank you!
my system is three years old and then suffers the graphics.
Mine is much older but I haven't noticed any problems. [R9 270 graphics card, 3.2 GHz i5 CPU]

Code:
AC VERSION: 1.15.1 (x64)
FPS: AVG=80 MIN=35 MAX=109 VARIANCE=8 CPU=91%

LOADING TIME: 65s
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series (1680x1050)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
CPU CORES: 4
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:2X AF:8X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:3 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:3 DOF:3 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Last edited:
Hi,
Nice that you've made good progress, well done!

Some feedback (sorry I couldn't give this before, I didn't see when you released the video).

The track is much, much too wide in quite a few areas, most notably the back straight!
That straight was just a normal road, with corresponding width:
82.jpg

On yours unfortunately it is almost like an airfield runway! This really ruins that section as it makes it flat and you can basically straight-line it out where as in real life it was quite a challenging section.

In real life, the section down to the hairpin was reasonably wide (but still not runway wide) but this was an extension to the circuit and the rest of the back straight was normal width.

The section of from the start through redgate to the gate at the exit of hollywood is too wide too if you compare it to footage / photos.

Regarding the width of the rest of it, it looks reasonable from a casual inspection (i can't tell).

I would expect widths more akin to the GPL version:
(Sorry for the low quality video, it's all i could find on youtube - if you have gpl you can test it yourself to see for comparison).

From the videos i've seen, it looks like you are missing the gate house at Coppice.

Also, you seem to be using haybales everywhere but in the 30s they didn't really use haybales yet, instead they tended to favour sandbags, at least from a lot of footage of different races that i've seen, i've only seen sandbags, not haybales.

Anyway, it's really nice to see someone doing old circuits so please don't take this the wrong way - i'm just trying to help. Seriously take a look at the GPL version for pointers, it really is a decent version. Of course there is the footage / photos I linked you before too.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hi amazing work! I was driving around and something was bugging me. Under the trees it look sunny and clear but when i reach open zone i fell like there is a cloud or something, it's darker. Anyone noticed it?

FYI
This track has same issue as on Sandevoerde by Sergio Loro
If you load a race weekend you get a cut track penalty directly when the track is loaded.
Not really a issue, as everything seems to work OK when going into pits while racing.
but it should not be like that.....;)

i5PgCk.jpg

Anyway I love the track it looks great and has a nice flow. looking forward on updates.

Thanks

Hi,
Nice that you've made good progress, well done!

Some feedback (sorry I couldn't give this before, I didn't see when you released the video).

The track is much, much too wide in quite a few areas, most notably the back straight!
That straight was just a normal road, with corresponding width:
82.jpg

On yours unfortunately it is almost like an airfield runway! This really ruins that section as it makes it flat and you can basically straight-line it out where as in real life it was quite a challenging section.

In real life, the section down to the hairpin was reasonably wide (but still not runway wide) but this was an extension to the circuit and the rest of the back straight was normal width.

The section of from the start through redgate to the gate at the exit of hollywood is too wide too if you compare it to footage / photos.

Regarding the width of the rest of it, it looks reasonable from a casual inspection (i can't tell).

I would expect widths more akin to the GPL version:
(Sorry for the low quality video, it's all i could find on youtube - if you have gpl you can test it yourself to see for comparison).

From the videos i've seen, it looks like you are missing the gate house at Coppice.

Also, you seem to be using haybales everywhere but in the 30s they didn't really use haybales yet, instead they tended to favour sandbags, at least from a lot of footage of different races that i've seen, i've only seen sandbags, not haybales.

Anyway, it's really nice to see someone doing old circuits so please don't take this the wrong way - i'm just trying to help. Seriously take a look at the GPL version for pointers, it really is a decent version. Of course there is the footage / photos I linked you before too.

Thanks for your efforts!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years