Donington Park 2011

Tracks Donington Park 2011 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
RaceDepartment submitted a new resource:

Donington Park 2011 - Donington Park for Assetto Corsa

Donington Park is a motorsport circuit near Castle Donington in Leicestershire, England.

This track was created by MotorFx and converted to Assetto Corsa by Tomj.

Donington Park comes with two different layouts. The longer Grand Prix circuit and the National circuit with its infamous chicane before the start/finish straight.

Installation
  • Download the file via the Download Now button above
  • Unzip the .7z file
  • Open the folder and...

Read more about this resource...

Apologies if it's already been noted, but between the chicane and the penultimate hairpin, there's a road that can be used as a short cut. I think this may need to be addressed.

tomj updated Donington Park 2011 with a new update entry:

Update v1.1

Changelog for update 1.1:
- AI improvements: they actually race now rather than just 'follow the leader'
- Pit lane speed limit implemented properly
- Numerous visual fixes (holes in the grass mesh, some texture fixes, fixed some floating walls)
- Added a tyre wall to prevent course-cutting on the GP circuit

Read the rest of this update entry...

Apologies if it's already been noted, but between the chicane and the penultimate hairpin, there's a road that can be used as a short cut. I think this may need to be addressed.
I didn't think this was much of a problem but I have fixed it.

The track there was marked so it would disqualify hotlaps and the AI would avoid it, but I can see that it may cause issues in multiplayer. I put a basic tyre wall across the gap so nobody can cheat now :)

Thanks mate! Top work!

We were testing it today on the RD 24/7 server, and we found out it could be exploited quite easily and with great effect.

Wonderful track. Thank you so much for your hard work.

One minor niggle though: The in-game sun rises from the end of the start/finish straight, however this is west and the sun should be at the opposite end of the circuit.

Great Track and thank you,ive spent many hours at this track and now i can spend many driving on it :thumbsup:

Have you actually driven the real thing?
Could you please let me know how accurate the raceable surface (the actual asphalt parts) is concerning banks , angles, curbs and elevations?

Thanks.

Have you actually driven the real thing?
Could you please let me know how accurate the raceable surface (the actual asphalt parts) is concerning banks , angles, curbs and elevations?

Thanks.
Sorry ive not actually driven it only a spectator, all i can say that id it aint right its very very close :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.3%