Donington 2010 preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one side of me is very upset that they are destroying my favorite and local track, other side is happy that F1 will race there but only if the track is designed good, yes they keeping some of the old track but changing allot of it too. This sim version will give me an idea of if it's going to be another track ruined or made it as good as it was which is an hard task to follow.

• Ollie Flint

Well, one side of me is very upset that they are destroying my favorite and local track, other side is happy that F1 will race there but only if the track is designed good, yes they keeping some of the old track but changing allot of it too. This sim version will give me an idea of if it's going to be another track ruined or made it as good as it was which is an hard task to follow.

I agree. It is a pitty they have to change it so much. Maybe the old layout can be retained and still raced (which I think is in the plan http://www.donington-park.co.uk/files/pdf/master_plan.pdf).

Edit: Esses and Goddards are the big changes.

There are a few places that I'm disappointed to see go, there is the final chicane on the national version that will change, but otherwise, the current T1 till the new main straight will be relatively unchanged, which is the best part of the track.

I'm just glad to see some investment in a UK track to keep F1. I'm sure it will be fantastic !

Why? Don't you want F1 at Donni?

Well i would, but only if they didn't change the track. I have probably been to Donington more times than i have been to Silverstone and i just like how they have everything there. You can park the car on the infield on a bank and then sit there and see most of the track - then if it rains you just sit in the car. The new version replaces the banks with the stupid little infield loop and the pits - not sure why they want new pits as they re did the pits at Donington only a few years ago.

Tracks modified for F1 are not often as good as they were, some examples of bad ones would be the A1 ring, Silverstone, Monza, Hockenheim.

personally i think the new design looks well thought out and will add to the driving experience as well as requiring different driving skills and setup changes. when i saw the initial plans the infield loop reminded me of the adelaide - imola section of Magny-Cours (although somewhat shorter) and should provide good passing opportunities for drivers of all classes should they be brave enough in the downhill braking zone.

admittedly the chicane from the national layout has been sacrificed but that aside the national circuit remains relatively unchanged which is a bonus.

Of course all this is opinion and speculation and we will have to wait and see but i think the signs are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%