Donations for the month July 2009

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As you can see we are reaching 44% of the donation target to cover our monthly server costs.

I would like to say thanks too all that helped out so far this month and hopefully more will follow to keep RD online :good:

Thanks so much guys! As you can see we really need it big time

Goal amount for this month: 400 EUR, Received: 215 EUR

Already spoke to Ramon that we need to reconsider a pay 2 race option cause its unbelieveable that a forum with so many members and visitors can't even reach our monthly goal with ease.

If everybody dropped in a few cents each month there would be nothing to worry about. In the end hopping on the free train will be the end of RD in its current form we fear.

Nevertheless we are mega grateful for your support :thumb: !!! Let's hope we can pay this months bill without red figures

Have you considered getting some banners/google ads in? Pay 2 Race would be illegal for most games written by someone else.

Was about to mention some ads, myself i am not able to give some cents, but as soon as I'll be getting studying money, some of them will defo land here.. :)

pay to race is not illegal, don't know where you read that, but they're wrong. with the meaning of p2r, it's reflected at league and event racing, that's not illegal, to ask a little fee to run in those events/league races.

Have you considered getting some banners/google ads in? Pay 2 Race would be illegal for most games written by someone else.

Why would that be illegal? There are plenty of sites doing the same online. If you run by the book you can get a license from the publisher of the game, no problem.

Strictly taken you pay for the service RD provides, not the games it self, they are just a requirement to run online

About ads thats an option but to get the amount of money from advertising that we need to finance our servers with then you dont want to know how this site will look :( Banners all over the place, yuk.

About ads thats an option but to get the amount of money from advertising that we need to finance our servers with then you dont want to know how this site will look :( Banners all over the place, yuk.
You don't need the full amount from adds, but as an extra it could help. Most surfers are so used to not look at adds anymore we would hardly notice some/a banner :) Besides, some aimed adds (SimRace-related like race-seats, pc hardware etc) could give an extra dimension to the site.

Off course this will require (again) some extra work, but this job pays!

PS: dropped in some €. A monthly reminder could be helpful (or a dissapearing 'Donator' button)

PS: dropped in some €. A monthly reminder could be helpful (or a dissapearing 'Donator' button)

It works already like that. Mine is gone but instead of a small amount every month i donated a big on in the beginning of the year.

After all.. little small ones is better.

Even better is when everyone pays 1or2 euro every month :) All Goals would be reached and with the extra money Racedepartment can even be better then it is right now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.6%