Alright when was that again.....?

so,

Stefano Domenicali's move to become the president and CEO of Formula 1 was confirmed on Friday.

Ferrari Master Plan came together finally :D

F1 Managing Director = Ross Brawn
FIA President = Jean the Toad
F1 CEO = My boi Stefano
:D

The mustache Guy will be the non-executive chairman or something like that
It seems good as Dominicalli comes from the team side of F1 running Ferrari. Chase has done a good job but F1 is a boys club and its like a secret society. Only Flavio Briatory got into the club. And he did not know much about cars. Just management. Its is unnerving that they are all ex Ferrari people. And Ferrari need all the help they can get right now.

It has been confirmed that former team principal of Ferrari, Stefano Domenicali will replace Chase Carey as the CEO of Formula 1 in January.
  • Carey who has been CEO since 2017 will continue on the board but in a non-executive role.
  • Domenicali is best known for having replaced Jean Todt to lead the Ferrari F1 team from 2008 until 2014.
  • Since then he worked for Audi and the FIA, before being appointed the CEO of Lamborghini.

Formula One has announced that Italian, Stefano Domenicali will take the reins from Chase Carey and lead F1 as its CEO from January. Carey has spent almost four years as the sport's CEO since Liberty Media took a majority shareholder's stake in 2017.

Domenicali's background with Ferrari, the Volkswagen Group and the FIA, put him in an excellent position to lead the sport into the future. He has shown an undeniable passion for F1, and speaking earlier he said:

"I am thrilled to join the Formula One organisation, a sport that has always a part of my life."

"I was born in Imola and live in Monza. I've remained connected to the sport through my work with the single-seater commission at the FIA and I look forward to connecting with the teams, promoters, sponsors and many partners in F1 as we continue to drive the business ahead.
"The past six years at Audi and then leading Lamborghini [both part of the Volkswagen Group] have given me broader perspective and experience that I will bring to Formula 1."

The 55-year-old's appointment has so far gone down extremely well with teams and drivers alike. Christian Horner described him as "one of the good guys", with Lewis Hamilton calling it "amazing" news, and saying that he didn't "think they could have really chosen someone better."

Chase Carey has overseen a challenging year for the sport, as well as the process of the teams agreeing to the new 'Concorde' agreement, that should make F1 more sustainable in the future. This is something which he alluded to while speaking about the news:

"It has been an honour to lead F1. I'm proud of the team that's not only navigated through an immensely challenging 2020 but returned with added purpose and determination in the areas of sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
"I'm confident that we've built the strong foundation for the business to grow over the long term."

Domenicali is a familiar face in the paddock, and it will be great to see someone with his passion and experience lead Formula One into a new era for the sport. Welcome back, Stefano.

12419122_1167722353245527_7231266054907507539_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks like the exact sort of person I would expect to fill the CEO chair in the post-Bernie era.

Don't take that as good or bad, I'm just saying he looks straight out of central casting for that kind of role.

I've met Stefano on a number of occasions and stayed in contact during his Ferrari rein. He is well liked and respected and a good commercial leader, so I think he will do very well. With me he has always been true to his word and I remember having breakfast with him one year just before the start of the Melbourne GP and he is a no-nonsense, straight shooter.

I
I've met Stefano on a number of occasions and stayed in contact during his Ferrari rein. He is well liked and respected and a good commercial leader, so I think he will do very well. With me he has always been true to his word and I remember having breakfast with him one year just before the start of the Melbourne GP and he is a no-nonsense, straight shooter.

I hope he pumps the breaks on political bs before and after races. A sticker and message is fine, but on the podium continuously pushing the message of BLM that have ruined businesses and cities in America is disgusting and has no place in European motorsport

Probably the worst of the Tilke efforts, which makes it the worst F1 track ever invented.
Maybe tied with abu-dabby for that coveted title.

Regarding the track, I actually enjoyed racing it on F1 2019, more-so than quite a few others. I did well online in the wet too which is strange for me as I am normally ****.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years