F1 2010 Does Tire Sim affect AI racers too?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I am seriously questioning this because I noticed significant loss in time for me but I don't see that affect any other racers. I am still racing in Bahrain and I start with Option tires. By default it is set to last for 7 laps before I replace them with Prime tires.

But the first time I raced in Bahrain, I realized that Option tire doesn't seem to last safely for 7 laps. Around 4th lap, it becomes yellow and I lose considerable amount of speed. I always seem to make my best lap around lap 3 when the tires are at its best.

If I run till 7th lap, I lose about 1 sec in every sector. That's a lot of time loss. After switching to Prime tires, I seem to have more stability and a slight increase in speed but not as my best lap speed. It takes a bit of time for the tires to get warmed up and then I speed up but never as fast as my best lap time that I did in my 3rd lap.

Strangely, I don't see this affect the AI. After I took the lead in Option tires, I create a good gap between me and the guy behind me. But once my tire starts to go yellow, he is right behind me zooming in on me. Similarly, my Prime tire takes time to get heated and start working properly but for some reason, the cars that come out of the pit right in front me don't seem to have that problem and starts speeding away from me immediately.

Anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it so that I don't lose a lot of time?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%