Does the AI use DRS...

Thought I read somewhere that the AI doesn't use DRS, so I avoid using it against the AI cause I feel like i'm cheating. Was doing some Formula RSS 2 V6 races at Monza and on the front stretch the AI is blowing by me, which got me thinking they must be using it. Could someone clarify for me if the AI does use it or not. Thanks...

I know I remember seeing the RSS F3 V6 AI using the DRS at Twin Ring Motegi when I was doing an offline race. But I'm not sure if it's based on the sim as a whole utilizing DRS, or if it's somehow set up in the track's configuration files that allow the AI to use it.

Thought I read somewhere that the AI doesn't use DRS, so I avoid using it against the AI cause I feel like i'm cheating. Was doing some Formula RSS 2 V6 races at Monza and on the front stretch the AI is blowing by me, which got me thinking they must be using it. Could someone clarify for me if the AI does use it or not. Thanks...
You could see if their wing plate flips open.

But yeah, they will use DRS if the track has it setup.
If a track doesn’t have a drs ini file, they’ll use it all the time, which can cause issues.

As one of the particularity of AC AI is that it use the same physic as the player, if we see the drs affect the rear wings, I think it is fair the assume the aero physic of the car is affected as well if the car has been mod properly.

Some related questions.

Do AI use P2P?
How is their KERS usage?
Do they adjust turbo level? I've noticed the AI are quite slow with cars with adjustable turbos, but I'm not sure if it's due to them using the default (too low usually) turbo levels or just that they are slow with certain cars

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%