Does Sparco sell gaming seats in the US?

When I go to the Sparco US website (www.sparcousa.com), they only show either FIA approved bucket seats or "gaming" chairs that look like office chairs. They don't show any bucket seats that aren't for actual race cars.

On the international Sparco website (www.sparco-official.com) they show bucket seats that are for sim racing (not FIA approved). Also, I tried checking out on this website and I don't see an option for shipping from this storefront to the US.

The FIA approved seats are about 2x the cost. Am I missing something? Or does Sparco just not offer their sim-racing bucket seats in the US?

When I go to the Sparco US website (www.sparcousa.com), they only show either FIA approved bucket seats or "gaming" chairs that look like office chairs. They don't show any bucket seats that aren't for actual race cars.

On the international Sparco website (www.sparco-official.com) they show bucket seats that are for sim racing (not FIA approved). Also, I tried checking out on this website and I don't see an option for shipping from this storefront to the US.

The FIA approved seats are about 2x the cost. Am I missing something? Or does Sparco just not offer their sim-racing bucket seats in the US?
Dunno. But, you might also check racing junk for and expired fia seat.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Isn't that the same seat

I see FIA certification doubles the price. :(
Not sure then, sim-lab sells some Sparco seats at a good price but for some reason don't ship to US either.

Upvote 0
Tell me about it, being in little old New Zealand the prices are sky high. When I found a seat that fit, the evo 2 I just had to bite the bullet and put it in to context with the cost of the rest of the rig.

When I got the position right and it fit me like a glove, had a bottom that didnt pop in and out like the cheap seats it was a forgotten expense. I get you though, it was near $1200nzd which is about 780usd

Upvote 0
Has anyone posted a poll to see where everyone is from here on RD? It definitely seems like most of the manufacturers and vendors are European-based, and it also seems like a majority of the forum users reside in Europe.

That’s not always an issue...I placed an order with Heusinkveld last Thursday and the package was on my porch Monday afternoon!!! Insane! But it definitely can increase costs/shipping or even limit what I can order (being in the US).

Upvote 0
Isn't that the same seat

I see FIA certification doubles the price. :(

It makes you wonder if they literally are the same exact seat, but Sparco is just putting a massive markup on the ones that they sell for in-car use.

Upvote 0
It makes you wonder if they literally are the same exact seat, but Sparco is just putting a massive markup on the ones that they sell for in-car use.

Its possible. However, FIA cert requires ongoing testing and inspection requirements...as well as, exposure to random sample testing at the request of FIA. At any time, FIA can request a sample be sent to them for validation testing. Further there are additional tracability, and documentation requirements associated with the production line providing the FIA products.

Its also possible that the Gaming seats are the rejects from the FIA production line. Lots of manufacturers of various products with different "grades" will bin the products based on production test results---as long as the tests are non-destructive. :) Better to sell a reject to gamers at a reduced cost, than just destroy it.

Upvote 0
:) Better to sell a reject to gamers at a reduced cost, than just destroy it.

I can see 2 benefits for having a seat that passed FIA inspections... 1) Your rig tips over due to your massive motion rig getting out of hand, 2) Your wife barges into your race room with a bat, angry that you’ve been racing too long and haven’t put the dishes away or done the laundry.

It’s probably best I just get the certification. :)

Upvote 0
I think they only sell the gaming seats in the US as part of a complete rig - not the individual component. Probably afraid of getting sued if someone puts it into a real car. Different liability laws in the US.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years