Does Sol work with VR? (PC)

I am completely new to AC so I will have some newbie questions.

Just downloaded AC and I am blown away with this sim, absolutely incredible in the HP Reverb, runs at a solid 90fps and the ffb is fantastic.

Anyway before I go through trying to install sol I figured I would ask if it works ok, and if it does are there any pointers to installing it easily?

Hi Andrew,

To your question: When I say "SOL", I do enable SOL as a ppfilter in AC plus I enable weatherFX in CSP plus I use "Mod-Sol(no clouds)" as setting in Content Manager.

With your other measures and results, sorry, I do not get it, what is the point you are trying to make or bring across?

Thx,
Chris

• Deleted member 197115

One more thing, if anyone wants to use SOL day/night features but avoid associated with PP performance overhead, here's the option Peter added recently
upload_2019-10-27_12-49-50.png

It's good you mentioned that to avoid false impression of SOL for those who want to use night/day, don't get the FPS required and could be under the impression that this solution wouldn't exist. Again, great effort and fantastic results supported by many people with Peter upfront, not to forget yourself.

Great information in this thread. I am still on GTX 1080Ti today with oculus rift S along with AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of 3200mhz ram. I just got AC reinstalled last night and was looking into how to improve VR image quality. I shall try almost all of these options mentioned above. Thank you for your input here Andrew :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%