Does rF2 support wheel's rotation automatically?

Shovas

Premium
I noticed for some reason I had my AccuForce profile set to 540degrees for rFactor2. I think I'd only do that if I had learned at some point the game doesn't automatically support wheel's native rotations.

So, do we need to do anything special or should I just leave it at 900? Will rF2 figure out the right rotation based on the car and its real-world steering wheel rotation? Like iRacing does?

Update: When I set my wheel to 900 degrees it feels too loose in-game. If I set to 540 then it feels a little too tight in-game and it feels too easy to "over steer" more than I had intended resulting in actual oversteer. Not sure I understand what's going on. I wish it just worked automatically like iRacing, PC2, AC, AMS, etc.

I notice in Controls in-game it says wheel rotation 566 but there are no controls to change it. I found that in a Controls JSON file but I changed it there and it had no effect in game.

Last edited:
The Vehicle Set command automatically adjusts your wheel to match the wheel of the car being used. For most of the GT3 and GTE cars, that defaults to 540. (that is if your control panel is set to 900°) If you want to set a manual value for your steering wheel, then uncheck the Vehicle Set box.
Remember, steering in rF2 does not correspond with iRacing. Folks who are experienced with the iRacing format will often make wrong choices when calibrating the wheel in the control screens inside rF2. I haven't even looked at iRacing in a very long time, but from the days of Nascar Racing and GPL, the Papyrus/iRacing controls used 100% to the far right to achieve a full linear travel from stop to stop. ISI/S397 based products are linear when you center the slider. The old UI listed the center as 50% but the new UI shows the center to be 100%. If you need a faster initial response from your wheel's movement, then nudge the value higher, if your car is too twitchy then slide to a lower value. (NOT MUCH THO!!!)

Setting these seems to have done it, thanks!

"Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default":900
"Steering Wheel Software Rotation":true

And ensuring my AccuForce was set to 900 degrees.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%