does RD have a dedicated server just active? or only club races?

I hate racing on the public servers because you dont know what clown is gonna ruin a race for you... does race dpt have like an all day active looping server with just specific combos? like Mugello-e30 so drivers from race department can join when ever they have a chance to play and not scheduled races?

if not... can we get one?

We have a few test servers up at the moment but apart from that: no we don't host any private servers other than the club servers.

In recent years we have tried many times to have a fun server up with a password that people can join whenever they wish but unfortunately people will never join first as there seems to be a huge barrier to join a server first. #simsheepeffect :)

SimSheepEffect* is the time it takes to fill up a passworded server without a signup list:
  • Server is idle for 60 minutes
  • Player 1 joins all alone by himself to do some practice.
  • People in the main lobby think mééééééh one person, not going to bother, lets get myself rammed in the first corner of a public Monza race instead and afterwards complain about the horrible driver standards.
  • 90 minutes later Player 1 is still all by himself lapping alone.
  • 95 minutes: Player 2 joins. Player 1 and 2 now have safe haven to race each other.
  • The flok thinks meééééééh not going to join a server with two people. Lets get myself punted by a driver racing in the wrong direction on a fully filled public Imola server instead. #Repeat rant procedure after punting.#
  • 100 minutes: Player 3, 4 and 5 had enough of the ramming and join the passworded server.
  • 105 minutes: Flok notices activity and Player 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 join.
  • 105 minutes and 30 seconds: Server all of a sudden completely fills up by player 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24,
  • Race starts and people have a safe race.
Bottomline: as long as there is a player 1 joining soon it will work but he needs to stick there for the long run otherwise the flok won't join the lonely sheep :(

sheep.jpg

* take with a grain of salt

Last edited:
SimSheepEffect* is the time it takes to fill up a passworded server without a signup list:
  • Server is idle for 60 minutes
  • Player 1 joins all alone by himself to do some practice.
  • People in the main lobby think mééééééh one person, not going to bother, lets get myself rammed in the first corner of a public Monza race instead and afterwards complain about the horrible driver standards.
  • 90 minutes later Player 1 is still all by himself lapping alone.
  • 95 minutes: Player 2 joins. Player 1 and 2 now have safe haven to race each other.
  • The flok thinks meééééééh not going to join a server with two people. Lets get myself punted by a driver racing in the wrong direction on a fully filled public Imola server instead. #Repeat rant procedure after punting.#
  • 100 minutes: Player 3, 4 and 5 had enough of the ramming and join the passworded server.
  • 105 minutes: Flok notices activity and Player 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 join.
  • 105 minutes and 30 seconds: Server all of a sudden completely fills up by player 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24,
  • Race starts and people have a safe race.
Bottomline: as long as there is a player 1 joining soon it will work but he needs to stick there for the long run otherwise the flok won't join the lonely sheep :(

View attachment 55450

* take with a grain of salt
I suggest you give 5 or 10 people admin rights at racedepartment steam group so they can actually "announce" the initiation of bookings and that way people will join in. Just a thought:)

I don´t want to change my name in steam to my original name, but I guess it would be neccessary since the server will use my steam name. I don´t have any problems with my real name for the forums and TS. So how you guys handle this?
I think I just changed my name in assetto corsa and it is displayed as that. Maybe if you haven't set a name in the game it defaults to your steam name.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 227 13.9%