PC1 Does it look this good while driving?

saw this screenshot by chromatic9
seriously does this game look this good while playing?
or is it like GT5 photmode?

6884789638_0442422f34_z.jpg

Quite an impressive setup you have there. Visually stunning, I imagine.

Out of curiosity: if only one monitor were active, how big a difference would that make? No other changes but that one - the use of just one monitor.

To FPS? well with 1 screen i tested with higher settings than i use with 3 screens so the FPS is actually exactly the same (with 1 screen i had everything ultra, full antialiasing and with 3 screens i have everything high with antialiasing completely off). its weird though that this 18-25FPS (usualy around 22FPS) Strangely though but maybe because of how well optimised pCARS is, this average 22fps feels just as smooth as doing 50fps in other games.

btw i disagree that below 50fps ruins immersion, in most games which arent optimised as well as pCARS is i think you need to go below 30 before you start losing some of the immersion and in some games very rarely you dont feel any difference from 20fps to 60fps.

If you meant the difference from 3 screens to 1 as in just how it feels to drive with them then well... I only recently got the 3rd screen so i have only actually used it for a few hours but already i think its definately a LOT better than 1 screen. with 1 screen i have always had to work extreemly hard just to know where people are in relation to my car just so i dont hit them :cautious: but now its a lot easier so i have more time to enjoy the driving :thumbsup: ... and overtaking is a lot more fun! :devilish:

To FPS? well with 1 screen i tested with higher settings than i use with 3 screens so the FPS is actually exactly the same (with 1 screen i had everything ultra, full antialiasing and with 3 screens i have everything high with antialiasing completely off). its weird though that this 18-25FPS (usualy around 22FPS) feels more like 40 or 50 fps to me.

:) Yes, fps wise.

So, when you used 1 monitor/screen, you proportionally upped the settings, so in essence you ended up with the same fps.

I expected that, I admit.

Also, you're not the first to comment on how it feels at that level of fps. Which takes me back to my own experience with S2U, even with what would otherwise be really low fps (around 30) it didn't feel as bad as other sims at 45. On the other hand, low fps may impart a penalty in terms of control.

btw i disagree that below 50fps ruins immersion, in most games which arent optimised as well as pCARS is i think you need to go below 30 before you start losing some of the immersion and in some games very rarely you dont feel any difference from 20fps to 60fps.

Well, no.

I think I'm not the only one who definitely sees a difference between something ran at 35 fps, at 45 fps and at 60 fps. Maybe I can tolerate 45 fps for a few seconds, at race start, or during a pile up, or online during periods of network hickups (as with iRacing), but not constantly, not for the duration of a race, definitely not for any or all races. Even less tolerant I am to something like 33 to 35 fps - it ruins immersion for me.

If you meant the difference from 3 screens to 1 as in just how it feels to drive with them then well... I only recently got the 3rd screen so i have only actually used it for a few hours but already i think its definately a LOT better than 1 screen. with 1 screen i have always had to work extreemly hard just to know where people are in relation to my car so i dont hit them but now its a lot easier so i have more time to enjoy the driving :)

No, I didn't mean that, but I understand you fully. I was (un)fortunate enough to try iRacing at a friend's, he had the 3 monitor split (iirc, 23 inches, all of them) and definitely going back to my home (and by comparison poor) setup felt...lacking.With iRacing, the experience feels a lot more...complete.

Enjoy it, m8. :)

One thing i just remembered that im starting to hate with these screens is that they are like having 2 powerful heaters either side of me, i get so hot i feel like im melting even in normal games that don't use a steering wheel lol.
Maybe someday i can get all LED, my middle one is LED and it makes maybe 1 20th of the heat the two LCD's do lol

Oh! I can imagine.

I can tell you what I did for some time (for my little'o 1 monitor-only rig), which some of my friends also do to some extent:
- purchased a standing fan. When that didn't work (days of 35ºC easily translate into 25-30º in-room, and after a while, the rig heats up the room to something upwards of 31-32º), I...
- bought myself an air-conditioner

Easy to imagine what happened to the electricity bills during 3 long summer months...

On the other hand: this may actually increment the immersion factor (you know, racing drivers experiencing cabin temps upwards of 40ºC)... :p Though....:unsure: being on the verge of fainting after several 20 lap races is hardly pleasant...

Now being new to this... my system specs below and the latest build just downloaded as a Junior Member
Q6600 OC @ 3.0ghz
HD6970 2gb
Asus P5KPRO
42 Inch LCD
G25 setup.

Mid system rig except for the GPU, I get a constant 40-50fps at Max all graphics DX9 ? it aint the DX11 launch I know that. With DX11 my system grinds to a 15-20fps haha.. CPU/Mobo needs some cash for sure.

Graphic wise, simply stunning and details on models and textures are top shelf. FFB is good, much better than Shift 2U, got a bit more to get up to GTR Evo and RF2 Quality.
I like the game for $14 AUD, see what the final release will be. To get this over the line for me as my new SIM of choice will be a solid MP Platform setup and good physics, because the rest is fantastic, great menus, great graphics, good sounds and animations now just a few touches, content and final wrap up and this will be a winner, but the feel of it and MP practicality must be A1. For me GTR Evo/Race 07 is still the best FFB and general SIM feel, shame they got the MP all wrong, and no Dirt hahaha...

And yes it looks as good as it photographs on replays and actual driving on my system, unedited bar the ingame settings.

Look forward to new releases and more content.

In a word, no. rFactor 2 in cockpit with everything on and Super sampling looks and feels better than pCARS. I'm not just saying this to annoy people, i genuinely feel this way, and I know i am not the only one. RF2 looks terrible from TV cam though!

Cockpit detail and texture work on the cars is really quite brilliant on pCARS though, but some more work on rf2 can clearly correct that gap.

In a word, no. rFactor 2 in cockpit with everything on and Super sampling looks and feels better than pCARS. I'm not just saying this to annoy people, i genuinely feel this way, and I know i am not the only one. RF2 looks terrible from TV cam though!

Cockpit detail and texture work on the cars is really quite brilliant on pCARS though, but some more work on rf2 can clearly correct that gap.
I would disagree. I think even with the gfx cranked up, rF2 doesn't look and feel as good from the cockpit view as PCARS, iRacing and even Forza 4. But hey, you have your opinion, I have mine.

Not talking game physics here, just graphical appearance from cockpit (before all the physics trolls jump in, lol).

;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing