Does FSR hate the Brits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well think about it, because we havent had a British or an Trueblood English speaking President since FSR was born despite a few attempts to get to that position

Wrong. A Brit won the 2009 election. However, said person only lasted a single day as president before his corrupt actions were uncovered. There is a video online explaining some of the events. Said person's 3 or 4 British buddies weren't any better when it comes to respecting FSR rules (all were in various FSR board positions in 2009). Overall it was the saddest story of my time in FSR, which almost brought the league completely down.

Then we had another (rich) Brit named Tom Hancock, whose ambition in 2009 was to create the best WC team evah: Hancock GP. He lasted a bit longer, almost 3 months, before him and his team withdrew from FSR. Before that, he managed to anger most FSR members in various ways. He also held position as WC Director for some time, during which no post-race checks were basically finished at all.

There was also a person named David Warren working for FSR in last decade who emptied the Club's accounts (not sure if he was Brit, but would seem likely).
not many people from GB is able to get a job role in FSR these days

Despite sad history above, I haven't banned Brits from working in FSR. There are always exceptions. Sam Jones has been broadcasting director for past 3 or 4 years and he did the most excellent job this year. Unlike other "volunteers", he was always present and didn't quit or leave his work ever unfinished. Same with commentators, FSR naturally has had many British commentators due to language reasons. In general they have been good, with few exceptions.
british teams or drivers in the Top division, so i will ask the question again.

Apart from story of Hancock GP, right, there hasn't been too many Brits in FSR WC. I looked at iRacing 2014 DWC standings: there is one Brit in the top 50 (compare to a dozen of Finns). So I guess one conclusion is, Brits aren't very good sim racers. Secondly, many Brits prefer their own league-which-shall-not-be-named (not least because some admins of that league like to spread "funny" rumours about FSR).
Does Formula SimRacing hate people from Great Britain?

I don't know who is "Formula SimRacing", but for myself, it's not even worth responding to such question.

Last edited:
I think the 90% of people hates his own country and thinks the one who live there are stupid or just useless. I think the same about Spain. Once I can I leave this country be sure of that.

I just think it's all to do with people being stuck in the same surroundings for decades on end. Some people just need a change every now and again :)

Wrong. A Brit won the 2009 election. However, said person only lasted a single day as president before his corrupt actions were uncovered. There is a video online explaining some of the events. Said person's 3 or 4 British buddies weren't any better when it comes to respecting FSR rules (all were in various FSR board positions in 2009). Overall it was the saddest story of my time in FSR, which almost brought the league completely down.

Then we had another (rich) Brit named Tom Hancock, whose ambition in 2009 was to create the best WC team evah: Hancock GP. He lasted a bit longer, almost 3 months, before him and his team withdrew from FSR. Before that, he managed to anger most FSR members in various ways. He also held position as WC Director for some time, during which no post-race checks were basically finished at all.

There was also a person named David Warren working for FSR in last decade who emptied the Club's accounts (not sure if he was Brit, but would seem likely).

Despite sad history above, I haven't banned Brits from working in FSR. There are always exceptions. Sam Jones has been broadcasting director for past 3 or 4 years and he did the most excellent job this year. Unlike other "volunteers", he was always present and didn't quit or leave his work ever unfinished. Same with commentators, FSR naturally has had many British commentators due to language reasons. In general they have been good, with few exceptions.

Apart from story of Hancock GP, right, there hasn't been too many Brits in FSR WC. I looked at iRacing 2014 DWC standings: there is one Brit in the top 50 (compare to a dozen of Finns). So I guess one conclusion is, Brits aren't very good sim racers. Secondly, many Brits prefer their own league-which-shall-not-be-named (not least because some admins of that league like to spread "funny" rumours about FSR).

I don't know who is "Formula SimRacing", but for myself, it's not even worth responding to such question.

There you go @Ron Squire, a perfectly plausible explanation :)

I believe he was from New Zealand if im correct, or Australia not sure but yes he walked away with the club funds. I think this was more severe then the 2009 situation, if that issue hadn't been solved im not so sure if we FSR would have exist right now. Happend back then in 05/06 i think, the league owes Joel Roux and Dennis Hirrle actually quite a bit for solving this matter, not sure who more was involved.

right just had a conversation with Thomas Mundy and we discussed what happened.

I was a little wrong on this issue, plus i didn't know most facts that i was never told, but anyway a little bit of this also concerned me that i wasn't able to get a FSR Media role, due to being inconsistent (which i wont deny because i had problems that were no fault of my own).

Thomas also told me that Ondrej might have fueled me up a bit with his 'ridiculous' articles, those were one other reasons to post this thread and therefore fueled him up even more, should he return (which we hope wont happen) and no i wasn't literally asking for a ban.

I was a little erratic, i should have thought twice, but i haven't, but now i am actually and genuinely sorry.

but this apology might have been too late to save my current role as ACR Media Director, as of this moment i'm relieved from my position, that doesn't effect our current friendship, we still communicate (something that the GPVWC never done after i was banned there) and more than happy to right me a recommendation should i get back into a Media Role (when i am more consistent).

but now i shall do 1 more video for FSR (at Christmas) and after that until the near future, it is Nos Da (Goodnight in Welsh) .
Ron, you were banned from GPVWC because of the abuse you gave people on TS and kept screaming at people amongst many other things...

"Following the events of tonight, the GPVWC Administration has decided it is for the best interest of the league and its members if Ron Squire were not to race, nor participate to the community's activities on the Forum, any longer.

Despite us giving Ron plenty of chances for a reprieve, he has demonstrated an inability to cope with his emotions in the aftermath of events and has been involved in countless arguments on the forums.

It is the Administration's main duty to defend the integrity of the league and to promote its community, and we are required to take action when we believe these are threatened. This has led us to take this sad decision.

On behalf of the GPVWC Administration, we wish Ron the best for all his future endeavours in simracing and in life."

Ron, you were banned from GPVWC because of the abuse you gave people on TS and kept screaming at people amongst many other things...

"Following the events of tonight, the GPVWC Administration has decided it is for the best interest of the league and its members if Ron Squire were not to race, nor participate to the community's activities on the Forum, any longer.

Despite us giving Ron plenty of chances for a reprieve, he has demonstrated an inability to cope with his emotions in the aftermath of events and has been involved in countless arguments on the forums.

It is the Administration's main duty to defend the integrity of the league and to promote its community, and we are required to take action when we believe these are threatened. This has led us to take this sad decision.

On behalf of the GPVWC Administration, we wish Ron the best for all his future endeavours in simracing and in life."
i changed a bit since then but the others dont want to take it onboard at all

I genuinely feel like a foreigner living in my own country.
Once again, Ondrej has an absolutely valid and sound point. Exactly what I have said previously.

We are an absolutely useless, pointless and offer nothing to the world country. I am a Brit and even I know that. I have said this to Ondrej also, I genuinely feel like a foreigner living in my own country.

Britain, currently, is not a particularly nice to place to live and we certainly have one of the most crass and depressing societies hated by just about everyone other than Americans.

The lack of brain and thought in this country verges on shocking. Honestly, shocking.

Does FSR hate Brits? No. Does everyone else? You're goddam right they do and rightly so!
wow , forum hoping and reading stuff came across this ...

"I genuinely feel like a foreigner living in my own country."

im really quite shocked , maybe it wasnt your intention but this comes across as a tad racist for me , and i also didnt realise that you owned the country...
britain , has always been a land of diverse nationalities , remember that the closest people to the original "britains" are probably the welsh , the country has been divided and has had a multi ethnic populationfor thousands of years ... so whats changed ?

maybe i read it wrong but at the end of the day most people who see them selfs as true brits are the descendants of anglo saxons (german) /Picts/ Celts (possibly afghanistan) Vikings ... Romans ..; ertc etc .;; see were im going with this

sorry for spamming the thread but ...

Andi

Last edited:
Race has got absolutely nothing to do with it. Not one iota of anything to do with race.

That is purely down to your interpretation of it. How it is even conceived to be anything to do with race shows in itself how we have become a completely red tape society. That is a phenomenally myopic view and far to easy to throw words such as 'racial over tones' out there.

Please, honestly if anyone else thinks that has any inclination of race to do with it I will delete it now. Cause how on earth it is interpreted as that I honestly do not know...

Do you mean in the sense of what I mean by it?

If so, I mean that I am British and while I am British I do not feel like I am. Simply because I do not view the world or this country in the same as most Brits. Neither do I hold some state of patriotism just because it is Britain.

We are a fundamentally flawed country that is going backwards rather than forwards. Why are we so political correct? Why do we have so much red tape? What has happened to our freedom of speech? What has happened to allow us to communicate freely and openly rather than with the very real prospect of getting arrested?

Absolutely nothing to do with race, gender or anything. But when you don't feel like you fit in within your own surroundings you know something must be up.

By that response I am guessing you still feel it is race related?

As I said before if anyone has a problem with it or views it in such a way I will remove it. Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%