Does Ferrari have too much power in Formula 1?

The fact that Ferrari can turn a profit each season while other teams slowly hemorrhage money till their eventual demise from the sport is just BS.
If Giving up their power in F1 would mean the team stop making a profit and start operating at a loss, they will probably fight to the bitter end. They may pull out as a financial decision. I hadn't thought of that.

Who has power in F1?
Just look who pushed FIA for the recent regulation revolution created to end Red Bull superiority and oriented to the current (ugly) technical specifications and restrictions.

Ferrari saved the F1 from more retails in the engine costs.
Talking about engines, my proposal is to allow multiple engine configs in the f1.

For example, if Manor can't assume the costs of 1.6 v6 turbo, ¿why can't use a naturally aspirated 3.0 v10 EFI (not direct injection)?
This way can increase the spectacle, because the v10s can reach more top speeds, but needs more fuel, and in the race, (and coming other of my proposals) make more pitstops that the v6, and making more interesting battles (yep, my desire is that the fuel pit stops retuns to the f1).

If Giving up their power in F1 would mean the team stop making a profit and start operating at a loss, they will probably fight to the bitter end. They may pull out as a financial decision. I hadn't thought of that.

I doubt Ferrari would lose money if they pulled out of F1, FIAT would more than likely be stoked as they would show a much larger profit if they did, which would please management and the shareholders no end I'm guessing :laugh:.

One question that keeps coming to mind about all this Ferrari domination saga, if it's true, does it throw a shadow over Ferrari's domination on track for so many years, or was it all pure talent from Micheal Shumacher.

I'm glad they veto'd this. What the FIA is asking for is frankly crazy. They make the teams build, what is most likely one of the most complex engines in the world, then ask them to make each one last a quarter of a full season and then they want to tell the manufactures how much to sell them for? Ask Arivebene said when asked, you cannot ask a supplier to produce a product and then a year later, force a price on them.

Mercedes, Renault and Honda all agree and I'm sure if they all dropped out, we would have no F1 to speak of, the FIA need to find other way of cutting costs, forcing the teams to sell the engines at a loss is not the way to do it. The works teams would have zero incentive to supply the independent teams. That means, no Williams, no force India, no Lotus, no STR, no Manor.

Also, sure it's a bit crazy that a team can veto a rule, but as far as I know, this is only the second time they have used their veto power and i think it is justified in this case.

Onto the question of if they have too much power, but look at what Red Bull is doing. They have done much more to interfere in the sport in the past 6 years than any other team and now they want to quit cause they are not winning. Ferrari have been through thick and thin they have been there from the beginning, they may have threatened to quit, but they haven't and that does deserve something.

Ferrari is F1 and F1 is Ferrari. Seriously the isn't much linking the present F1 with the noble history of this motorsport except for Ferrari, McLaren and Williams... Lotus isn't Lotus' true works team and have not much in common with the great Lotus of old, moreover soon it will be Renault team...
Teams like Force India or Mariussia etc. seriously, who cares about them? Today they are, and tommorow they're gone and nobody remembers that they even existed...
And let's be honest - F1 never was, isn't and shouldn't be the sport for everyone. If you cannot live up with the cost then go home. Otherwise we'll end with F1 with 1.2 diesel engine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%