Does F1 needs better tyres?

I think the tyres that developed in the second half of 2011 were perfect. They lasted a decent amount of time and we had some good racing (Hamilton/Webber in Korea as an example)

The problem is now the Window and Operating temps they are quite unpredictable
You can see that in China Rosberg got pole with .5 sec gap over p2
the lap times are changed with in a time of Minute due to change in weather this kind of thing didn't happen in 2011
If this kind of things continue then we can see some top drivers knocked out of Q1and Q2

it'll be very interesting to see how much longer it takes F1 Teams to figure out how to operate this tyre in a predictable way...the current situation is a bit of laugh imo,but its different,so..fans are enjoying it

What I worry about is if we are 4 races in and the teams are still working out the tyres, what happens in Monaco, when they have to use a completely new tyre for the first time this season?

Doesn't seem to be the kind of track for experiments, or not knowing what you're working with.

What I worry about is if we are 4 races in and the teams are still working out the tyres, what happens in Monaco, when they have to use a completely new tyre for the first time this season?

Doesn't seem to be the kind of track for experiments, or not knowing what you're working with.
Good news is The Super Soft is like last year so they know how the SS will behave and how long it last
but the Soft is major problem for them they need to know when it gets heated up perfectly and how long it will last in Monaco because Soft is a prime Tire in Monaco and it needs to be last longer
I was thinking that do any one in Monaco can have a problem like Raikkonnen in china ??

I can say that Pirelli should reintroduce the Previous year Soft tire and keeping the remaining same could be better
Because Soft are becoming much a problem than Medium tires and hard tires
So making soft reverting to 2011 version can make better races

So we wanted more interesting sports but only one year later we want back the boring Bridgestones? I don't think F1 needs better tyres and I even think these tyres are too good. Pirelli should bring back the package from the start of 2011 season cause after the half of 2011 season everything became predictable... again.

I'm pretty happy with what's going on right now. Since fuel load is no longer a strategy issue they needed something that would make pit strategy interesting. It's true that the tires degrade quickly, and there is that weird "cliff" effect, but that just makes the strategy (not to mention the car design and setup) all the more important. All of the best races I can remember lately featured rain or were direct results of the tire situation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back