Does Double DNF Mask Haas' Potential?

I DVR most if not all the races too, like a lot of other folks. But my point about having the races at a better time of day has to do with the casual fan, or potential new fan who may be channel surfing and then come across the race and it might grab their attention when they see how fast these cars are. (F1 cars are the only ones that actually look fast on TV, I know the other series have fast cars, but TV doesn't do them justice). That might help grow the interest on this side of the pond.
Did you ever watch some rally tv coverage ?
You tell me that those real road kamikazes look slow to you ? :)
If so, I have to disagree.
And do you mean by "better time of the day" ? Better time for who ?
Europeans only or what ? Earth have time zones you know...
And if we want to still have Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan, Singapore, Austin,... (and I know I do) then we can't really have such a thing as better time of the day.

And if we want to still have Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan, Singapore, Austin,... (and I know I do) then we can't really have such a thing as better time of the day.
I agree. Nothing seems faster than Rally cars blasting through the woods except, maybe, The Isle of Man TT Senior bikes. Both look like video games, but it's real guys doing it.

I have watched a bit of rally car, and yes they do look fast on TV, but of course that is because of the cameras being positioned right next to the track, plus all the stuff being right next to the course (like trees, buildings and bushes) give you a point of reference.
My point was that other top level racing series such as NASCAR and IndyCar do not look nearly as fast on TV as they do in person. It may have to do with the camera angles, but to really appreciate oval racing on a superspeedway you really have to see it in person, it is epic.
F1 looks fast on TV and in person because of the quick and violent change in direction these cars go through as they carve up the corners.

As to more ideal time. Yes I know that the Far east races are not going to be shown at convenient times for the US, but we were talking about growing the fan base in the US, and about 60% of the races start at 5AM PT. Push those back a couple of hours and its 7AM PT and 10AM ET, prime time Sunday sports viewing in North America. That would put the race starts in Europe at around 4PM, which is about what time they start in Australia. Again this might capture a few more viewers who otherwise might not make the time or effort to watch or even record the races for that matter.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 494 39.2%