Does anything beat ClubSport Pedals V3 for its price range?

Tired of my thrustmaster pedals as they only measure distance not input strength, this really messes me up a lot of the time. So I am looking for new pedals and have my eyes on Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3, however I do not know the market that well but heard great things about them. But is it the best pedals for its price range in the market? Thanks!

Tired of my thrustmaster pedals as they only measure distance not input strength, this really messes me up a lot of the time. So I am looking for new pedals and have my eyes on Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3, however I do not know the market that well but heard great things about them. But is it the best pedals for its price range in the market? Thanks!
There's also Fanatec CSL Elite LC for a hundred less and some people liked more than CSP V3, but I ruled them out for myself because of torsion springs and potentiometers on throttle and clutch pedals.

Upvote 0
There's also Fanatec CSL Elite LC for a hundred less and some people liked more than CSP V3, but I ruled them out for myself because of torsion springs and potentiometers on throttle and clutch pedals.
I went with the v3 for the clutch mechanism and ended up getting a damper for the brake too, I don't need any better myself, except maybe the inverted set...

One thing nobody seems to consider with the Elites is the pedal arm is the loadcell which presumably means you have to replace the whole pedal when it dies and not just a cheap load cell, probably not an issue but you never know!

Upvote 0
You poor Aussies seem to get the worst of it on all prices, but wages seem to be higher. At least that's my understanding.

Anyway, the Clubsports V3's are really good and they stand alone in their price bracket for performance and build quality. I won't bother talking about higher-end pedals, you pay more and they are better. But it starts to become marginal gains for a lot more money. I had the V3's, then moved onto HE Pro pedals. The HE Pro's are better and I love them but head-to-head the extra cost doesn't scale to improved lap times.

Upvote 0
You poor Aussies seem to get the worst of it on all prices, but wages seem to be higher. At least that's my understanding.

Anyway, the Clubsports V3's are really good and they stand alone in their price bracket for performance and build quality. I won't bother talking about higher-end pedals, you pay more and they are better. But it starts to become marginal gains for a lot more money. I had the V3's, then moved onto HE Pro pedals. The HE Pro's are better and I love them but head-to-head the extra cost doesn't scale to improved lap times.
The PT2's in my opinion are far superior to the V3 pedals yet from what i can see they are only $100 plus a bit of extra postage more. Thats a no brainer for me:) although they can be a lot harder to get hold off due to less stock.

Upvote 0
The PT2's in my opinion are far superior to the V3 pedals yet from what i can see they are only $100 plus a bit of extra postage more. Thats a no brainer for me:) although they can be a lot harder to get hold off due to less stock.

I wouldn't disagree, I guess I was answering the question directly regarding 'Price range' so it depends if this the original question had more flexibility in the budget. Have you used Clubsport V3's before, and what's your meaning of superior in comparison, what are the exact advantages over the V3's with the PT2 pedals?

Upvote 0
I've decided to take a chance, despite reading a lot of stuff about Fanatec reliability: An hour ago I ordered the V3 pedals, together with the damper for the brake pedal.
€454,27 with express UPS shipping :confused: I'll be keeping my Thrustmaster T3PA-PROs as backup, just in case.
I bought the Fanatec shifter two weeks ago too, and there is a world of difference between that and the TM shifter. I still have that too, although I couldn't sell it anyway at the moment, even if I wanted to, as I have mislaid the table clamp for it. I had it bolted to my rig with M6 bolts, and I have no idea what has happened to the clamp. I've hunted high and low, to no avail up until now. It's like Scarlett O'Hara: gone with the wind :D
The pedals should be here on Tuesday if the delivery is as quick as last time with the shifter: Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Tuesday :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I've decided to take a chance, despite reading a lot of stuff about Fanatec reliability: An hour ago I ordered the V3 pedals, together with the damper for the brake pedal.
€454,27 with express UPS shipping :confused: I'll be keeping my Thrustmaster T3PA-PROs as backup, just in case.
I bought the Fanatec shifter two weeks ago too, and there is a world of difference between that and the TM shifter. I still have that too, although I couldn't sell it anyway at the moment, even if I wanted to, as I have mislaid the table clamp for it. I had it bolted to my rig with M6 bolts, and I have no idea what has happened to the clamp. I've hunted high and low, to no avail up until now. It's like Scarlett O'Hara: gone with the wind :D
The pedals should be here on Tuesday if the delivery is as quick as last time with the shifter: Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Tuesday :thumbsup:

These pedals are well made and sturdy you shouldn't have any problems. Fanatec gear reliability seems to have improved over the years, as they keep the base designs from previous generations it's seems they address problems as they refine the products. And if any of their products are going to have the least issues, it will the pedals that are fairly simple instruments of few moving part and electronics.

Upvote 0
I just recieved a shipping notice from UPS: they'll arrive on Monday :D:D:D
And the express shipping was €3 cheaper than the normal shipping, go figure that one. what a fabulous start to next week :thumbsup:..unless my wife finds out of course, but lets not go there.. :cool:

Upvote 0
I just recieved a shipping notice from UPS: they'll arrive on Monday :D:D:D
And the express shipping was €3 cheaper than the normal shipping, go figure that one. what a fabulous start to next week :thumbsup:..unless my wife finds out of course, but lets not go there.. :cool:

Hide some gentlemans magazines in place your wife can find. This diversion and subsequent shouting will take her attention off the cost of the pedals. What can go wrong!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back