F1 2011 does anyone struggle on wet tires with race pace?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Just wondered if anyone struggles with race pace on wet tyres. Im in my 4th season of my career with mclaren, first race of season was a wet race n i struggle to keep pace with the likes of vettel hamilton alonso etc. i lose around a second a lap of the front 5-6 cars.

Ive got a good wet setup as i got it from the setups section on RD.

I play on legend, and 40% race

is there something im doing wrong

You feel like this because the game has very strange physics. In the same time you have an enormous amount of grip and you don't have any grip at all. It's strange, it's not realistic, but nothing to do about it.. Pushing hard works for the wet, just remember that you must have an understeering car. My first wet race was with 10/11 wings and believe me - it's not fun. :D

You feel like this because the game has very strange physics. In the same time you have an enormous amount of grip and you don't have any grip at all. It's strange, it's not realistic, but nothing to do about it.. Pushing hard works for the wet, just remember that you must have an understeering car. My first wet race was with 10/11 wings and believe me - it's not fun. :D

Yeah, that was a good description of it, feels to me like you never can predict when you will loose grip in the wet...

That's because you can't drive an oversteery car :) I can and I have no problems with even 11/11 wings :)

I can do it too, but compare your lap times. There's 1-2 seconds difference.

Yeah, that was a good description of it, feels to me like you never can predict when you will loose grip in the wet...

You can't in real life too, but just the grip in this game is very strange. The rear end feels very strange. I mean, not that it's hard to handle, it's just unrealistic. It's like your weight ballast is 100/0% F/R.

Rain pace? Well...I'll post a screenshot of a race I recently had.

543244_10150790506564022_376421169_n.jpg

"Expert", all sims on, AI improved through modding. So, as you can see the AI drivers can't keep up if you keep pushing. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back