Does anyone know whether a setup "reset to default" effects saved custom setups?

Reset to default only affects the currently active setup. It will only overwrite an existing setup if there is an autosaved setup of the same name already (denoted by a postfixed * in it's name). For any setup you manually saved it won't be overwritten unless you manually choose to.

Reset to default only affects the currently active setup. It will only overwrite an existing setup if there is an autosaved setup of the same name already (denoted by a postfixed * in it's name). For any setup you manually saved it won't be overwritten unless you manually choose to.
Thanks Dave. Reiza recommended a full My Doc deletion, so I went that route (3 hours). I'll keep this in mind for the future. I hope you had a good new year.

Reiza recommended a full My Doc deletion, so I went that route.
When they recommend this it's because a patch makes changes to things that are saved in your config files, which includes car setups. If extensive changes are made to a car then any setup created before the patch will either not work at all, or will result in handling defects.

So basically, if they recommend deleting the whole folder, do it. If you see a car in the patch notes, don't use any old setups you've saved for it.

When they recommend this it's because a patch makes changes to things that are saved in your config files, which includes car setups. If extensive changes are made to a car then any setup created before the patch will either not work at all, or will result in handling defects.

So basically, if they recommend deleting the whole folder, do it. If you see a car in the patch notes, don't use any old setups you've saved for it.
Thanks Goffik.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years